Chapter 29

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

"So thankful it happened, Radha" Vishakha says gesturing towards the couple thanking the guests for their blessings.

Aunt Yashoda decided to hold the engagement ceremony of them, together on the same day.

Revati dressed in a tomato red skirt and blouse and a green dupatta. She looks ethereal. Basundhara kaki (the tailor) did an amazing job.

Aunt Yashoda and Nand uncle blessed Revati with an elegant gold necklace and Revati had a ring with her, so she fitted it at the goldsmith's to dau's finger's shape and gave it to dau through my parents.
They decided to act as her parents today as her father is still in that cave and cannot come.

"Hello sister" I greet Revati.

"Hello sister, are you ignoring a certain someone? My soon to be brother-in-law has been buzzing around your dau like a bee talking about you" she teases.

"Um, he asked me to meet him after dressing you" I tell her looking at Krishn talking at a distance to Uncle Nand's friends.

"Go meet then, he is literally just 4 metres away. Go!" Revati says as my eyes meet Krishn's slightly accusing ones.
An acquaintance of Uncle Nand says something and he talks and smiles at them.

"He is talking to them. I will talk to him sometime after the ceremony"

"Then at least tell him that"

"Okay"

I walk towards him. But what am I going to say?

Krishn I know you asked me to meet you but I got busy and you're also busy, we will talk sometime later please don't be upset?

No no no no no no no!

I decide to walk past him.

And he grabs my hand.

In front of everyone.

And? What about that?

Vishakha was holding your hand a few minutes ago. So what if Krishn does the same?

The thing is that he doesn't let go!

It is one thing to hold your hand for sometime and another to keep holding it!

Though it is hidden behind his back so perhaps no one notices.

But if I keep standing here then-!

Think Radha think Radha think Radha think!

"Um Krishn!"

He turns around slowly, his face unreadable.

"Yes?"

"I am saying that-oh! You're busy, okay let us talk sometime after the ceremony okay?" I hold his hand with both my hands and free my hand, then pat his back and go towards Vishakha again.

Phew!

"Ahem!" Tunga clears her throat.

Vishakha and Lalita give her a look.

"Speak your mind Tunga" I say.
Tunga always speaks her mind and if she is suppressing then that means Vishakha or others must have asked her not to.

"Um, what is it with you and Krishn?"

"Uh, what is what?" I ask wanting to know what made her phrase that question.

"He was holding your hand we noticed and also he had been looking at you most of the time" she says raising her eyebrows.

"You should ask him about that, no?" I say looking at Krishn and averting my eyes as soon as they meet his.

"This! This is what we are talking about! This intimate -say it all with your eyes- eye contacts! You like him, right Radha?" She narrows her eyes at me.

"If you already know then why ask?" I mutter.

"What? Did you just admit that you like him? Radha, can't hear you" Tunga extends her ear.

"Uh, I remember someone calling me" I say and take my cue.

"Yes Radha, calling with eyes!" Others laugh and Tunga yells.

"Ma, can I go to my bedchamber?"

Is he still looking at me?

Yes.

Yes, he is.

"Why? Are you okay?" Ma asks checking forehead, her eyebrows scrunched.

"Yes ma, I am okay. Just for some minutes"

"Okay. The ceremony is almost done. Drink water more"

"Yes ma"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya ♡