Chapter 10

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

We have been wandering in the forest for hours now.

"The forest ends here. Let us go back." Lalita says as we reach the end of the forest, where the trees are less dense and clear land is a few feets away, covered in grasses. And after that another forest starts.

Wait...

"Should not the Yamuna river be here?" I ask.

"I was thinking the same." Vishakha agrees.

"We did not loose our way, right...?" Lalita sits down on the ground.

"I don't think so..." I look at the lands in front of us carefully, "I mean, Nidhuvan is surrounded by the river Yamuna in all sides except one, which is where Vrindavan is. So, no chance of losing our way outside Nidhuvan."

"Yes, and so, here should be river Yamuna and after that Madhuvan." Vishakha muses.

"Did you notice one thing? We have been walking for hours and we were already in the middle of the Nidhuvan. So, it should not take this much time to reach the outskirts of Nidhuvan." Should we go forward? Or should we go back?

"Yes, you are right. We walked for hours...oh! It's nearly dusk!" Lalita exclaims.

And, she is quite right. It is near dusk. But even though we walked for hours, we did not take that much time. Something is off about both this situation and this place.

"Something is wrong Lalita, Vishakha. We should go back immediately." I say, looking around spontaneously, as if something is going to happen.

"D-do you not thing that the sky is coming downwards?" Lalita says shakily.

I follow her gaze upwards and see that, indeed the sky is coming downwards. What is happening?

"We have to run!" I exclaim.

"It is a little late for that, do you not think, silly girls?" A voice resonates through the area.

"Lalita! Wh-what is happening? I am starting to feel afraid. Is this a bad dream?" Vishakha clutches at our clothes, looking a little frightened.

"I do not know Vee. I am at the same place as you are." Lalita replies still looking above.

It is like the place is retracting and closing. And it suddenly stops to retract. The trees and land turns blurry as though running very fast.

And when it stills, we are at inside of a cave.

It appears like a lane inside a cave, where we are standing.

I am surprised at how calm I am.

"I am surprised at how calm you are right now." Vishakha whispers.

I turn side ways to look at them. They look calm now too. Better than how Vishakha was acting a few minutes ago.

Although I am calm, I feel a bit uneasy and a series of questions runs through my mind.
Most insistent of them all is:
What is happening?
After that, what is going to happen, and many more. They are all jumbled. I do not know how I even managed to separate the two of them.

"We should go back right now." I state and turn around.

They turn with me, only to meet with cave wall.

We turn back around.

There is no door here aside from the one in front of us.

"Come on in, silly girls, we have a lot to say to each other." The same voice from before says.

"We should go to that door Radha, we do not have any other thing to do. " Lalita says.

"We can just sit here." I insist.

"And then they can just drag us inside." Vishakha says this time.

I sigh.

"Okay."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
I took a bit long to post this chapter because I was thinking about how to create the situation of how they go in that cave. After a few other considerations, I settled on this one.
Do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya ♡