Chapter 5

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

Me and mother are outside uncle Nand's house now. And something that I witnessed in the way, that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Do not ask what.

Because I am going to tell you anyway.

Me, mother and many other women were coming to Vrindavan with some of our belongings.

Sadly, none of my friends came with us except Ranga, that is. The rest if them will come in the afternoon. And Ayan will come with the men.

So, as we were crossing Madhuvan, in our way to here, I saw Krishn. Along with a bunch of girls and boys from Vrindavan.
Well, I should have expected it. When I knew that it has always been like that. I had heard about this countless times.

But I didn't. Maybe because I thought that he somewhat liked me. I mean, he did treat me a bit specially last time.

I should not have hoped for anything. I did not even know that I had hoped until I witnessed it. Him teaching the girls how to climb a tree. He was teaching them with so much care! Like they were special to him too. Holding their hands sometimes to balance and telling them to be careful, well, at least that's what I got from what little I could hear from afar. We were just passing after all.

Ma calls for aunt Yashoda to open the gate. We just brought our clothes and jewellery. Rest of the things the men will bring.

The get opens and a very muscular boy stands there inside. His age must be around...18? Or maybe 19. I think he is Balraam.

"Hello aunt Kirtidha. Hello Radha." He smiles politely.

"Hello dear. You are Krishn?" Mother asks.

"Oh, no no. I am Balraam. Krishn went to the forest with some of his friends to bring honey. He will be back soon." Balraam ushers us in & takes our things from us.

»»--♡--««

Balraam is very funny. He makes the best jokes. I do not know how he ever becomes serious. I mean, of course he does, either how would he kill all those demons and monsters.

"This is your room Radha." He stops in front of a big green colored room.

"Can mother and father have a room beside mine?" I ask. Because the room they are staying in is quite far away from mine.

"No can do Radha. The only room next to yours is already occupied. Also, your balcony even have a little garden in it!" He laughs nervously.

I regard him skeptically & ask, "Hm, I like the view from the balcony and the garden in it. I also like the color of the room. I will take this room. But who is occupying the room next to me?"

"The room next to you? Haha, the room next to you, yeah, of course, the room next to you is, uh, -" He starts nervously but is cut off by, "Balraam! Balraam? Come over here!"
Aunt Yashoda calls for him. He gives a relieved sigh and mutters something under his breath.

"Oh hey, mother is calling. I must go now. You know, I am the most loved son and all" He says happily & takes off.

What was all about?

Well, let us explore my new room.

The bed is queen sized and round in shape with a comfortable looking, round shaped mattress in it. The round, silk bedcover on it is light green colored, like honeydew. And there are some honeydew colored with white designs on it, rectangular shaped fluffy pillows on it and a matching folded duvet.

A round white mosquito net hangs from the ceiling to the bed, surrounding it with strings of little light green colored wooden sparkly stars attached to it.

Three feet away from the bed is a big rectangular golden trunk. With very intricate designs on it, maybe about some ballard ir something like that. I place my clothes in the trunk.
The opposite side of the room held a big dressing table. In its drawer I place my jewellery and things.

The place is surreal. The little garden in the balcony attached to my room is really breathtaking.
In the garden, there is a little wooden table and around the table are a few wooden chairs. And two more sets of tables and chairs are placed at two other sides of the garden.
I go and stand near the railing, looking at the view ahead. There are some butter making set ups under the balcony and then there is the rest of the village ahead, outside this palace's boundaries. Then there is river Yamuna, far away, which enters a forest. It is Nidhuvan, I think. Maybe Krishn has gone there to bring honey after he finished teaching the girls tree climbing. Or maybe he will bring honey from Madhuvan.

Had he come back?

No. I know he will come to meet me as soon as he returns.

Why am I thinking about him?

»»--♡--««

Just as I am thinking about heading inside, irked by my own thoughts, two hands clasps the railing at both sides of me & I feel a presence behind me. So close. And I know exactly who it is, judging from the sudden change in the air & the peacock feathered wrist bands on his wrists. I stand still. Basking in his presence.
"Hello beautiful." He breathes in my ear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.
Also, I have attached some pictures about how I imagine their house and Radha's room. A mixture of the pictures I attached above the chapter.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya