Chapter 20

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

"Radha?" Revati asks.

"Hm?" I turn to her, she's looking at me in concern. I must look how I feel. "I am fine" I assure her.

"How are the people here?"

"They are very good people. Wait till you meet my friends. They are the best."

"We will have to explain to Vishakha's parents"

"Yes. The will understand. You just enjoy."

"If you say so" she smiles slightly.

"Who is Krishn?"

"Huh? Where is Krishn?"

"What? Why would he be here? This is where females bathe."

"You have no idea."

"What? What are you mumbling about? And I asked who is Krishn. You know...Balraam mentioned about him yesterday."

"Oh. He is dau's younger brother."

"Why was he wondering in the forest at night? What if he had gotten lost?"

"Worrying must be your habit. Krishn is not little. Just two years younger than dau."

"Who is younger than dau?"

"Vishakha. You are here too."

"Yes. I thought of bathing early today and then go to the forest and sleep."

I laugh at her words. Good idea though. I can also use some sleep. As I did not get any last night.

"Do you mind if I bath here too?" And here comes the reason of my lack of sleep.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

"Vishakha!" Vishakha can be a little harsh sometimes.

"Sorry. I am somewhat irritated today. What is your name? Are you new here?" Vishakha asks in a softer tone.

"I no, I-I had some business here" a light pink colour tints her cheeks, "so I came and thought to take a bathe before going home. And my name is Chandrabali." The girl, Chandrabali, says.

"So you are not from here?" I ask this time.

"No. I am from the other side of the Govardhan hill. You three do not look familiar though. Did you not come to my engagement feast?"

"Engagement?"

"Yes"

"We were not invited" She is engaged. And still she-

"But although it was a short notice, everyone was invited from Vrindavan."

"We were not home at that time." Vishakha says.

"Oh. That explains." She says.

Does Krishn knows she is engaged?
Of course he does. She just said everyone from Vrindavan was invited.
But why would she come here in the middle of the night? Does that mean-she did say it was a short notice-is she engaged to...no. No, of course not.
Aunt Yashoda would have said something in the morning if that were the case.

"...and this is Radha."

"Hm?" I turn towards Vishakha.

"I was introducing us to Chandrabali. And there one more you have not met. She is Lalita." Vishakha says.

"What will you all do now? Are you free? You can come to our house. I can use some friends right now." She blushes again.

What is she blushing this much about?

"We are sorry. We can not come now." I say and Vishakha agrees, "We have to talk to Vishakha's family about something" I continue.

"We do?" Vishakha answers, surprised.

"Yes we do. So, maybe later." Revati gives Chandrabali a small smile.

"Yes yes, sure. I will be going home now, then." She says.

"What do we need to talk to my family about?" Vishakha asks as soon as we start towards her house.
Revati tells her.

"If we are telling someone, then should not we tell Balraam's family about it?" Vishakha says.

"B-but I don't feel confident about it. What if they do not believe me and do not lete stay here? Where would I go?" Revati falters.

"Well, in that case, my parents might not believe you either." Vishakha says.

"Vishakha is right, Revati. Besides Aunt Yashoda will believe. We will tell her first and then let her decide whoever else she thinks is fine to tell." I tell Revati.

"Okay..." Revati agrees reluctantly.

"Let's go sleep now!" Vishakha turns towards the forest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya ♡