Chapter 3

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

He winks!

And? What is it that you are trying to convey through that line?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

He continues standing quietly against the tree and smiling at me.

What is he waiting for?

"I am waiting." He says after a while.

"What are you waiting fo–", he raises his eyebrows as realisation finally dawns upon me, " Oh."

He seems so very smug.

"Will you play your flute for us?" I ask–well more like state–finally.

"Shall I?" He asks back.

"Please?"

"Ah, how can I ever say no to you?"  He picks up his flute. There are three peacock feathers tied at the end. He has peacock feathers tied around his wrists too. He must really like them.

He brings the flute to his lips and they puckers sweetly. His long fingers flutters over the finger-holes of the flute and a soothing tune fills our surrounding.

The tune is sweet, playful and amazing. It has a healing edge to it. It soothes my soul.

He is playing with his eyes closed as his thick, long lashes fan over his cheekbones and his ankles are crossed as he stands and once again I'm mesmerised by his beauty.

I do not know how long he plays but when he stops, it starts to get dark.

"Ready to fulfill your word, Radhe?"

"Yes, but not today. Ma told to come home before it gets dark. So, choose some other day. And my name is Radha." I say as I lift my nose upwards while saying the last line.
He laughs.
"Okay. We will be in the same village anyway. So...the night of full moon this month. Do not forget, my dear Radhe."

"Alright. And my name is Radha." I huff.

We start towards our house.
We will go to my house first and then the girls will go to theirs from there.

"He is a dream. The most beautiful dream." Tunga says dreamily.

"A dream which feels so much like reality." Champa adds.

"Which is reality." Vishakha says. She is starting to get back at her element.

"Why, Vishakha, you were rejoicing in his presence just a little while ago." Indu says and all of them laugh and giggle except Vishakha. She looks like a little child caught with butter around her mouth. I smile and shake my head slightly.

"He said that we all will be in the same village in two days." Ranga says after a while.

"Since when did he became included in we?" I ask her.

"Is he not?" Sudevi asks back.

"Not yet." I reply.

"But when are we moving?" Chitra asks.

"According to Krishn, in two days." Indu says.

"Yes, but the exact day. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?" Chitra asks again.

Why did anyone not tell us about this moving? It must be very confidential.

"I will ask father when he comes home today. You all ask your fathers too." I tell them and they nod.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Thank you.
Tiya ♡