Chapter 6

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

I slowly turn around, careful not to touch him. And the sight that greets me is far more better than the one that is behind me now.

His thick black hair almost touches  his eyebrows. Almost. Dark mischievous eyes, straight nose and a heartwarming crooked smile on his pink lips which looks a bit reddish from up close.

"I found you." He says childishly. As if we were playing a game of hide and seek.

"You were looking for me?" I can not control my smile anymore.

He finally removes his hands from the railing, steps back and shrugs. "Yes. I thought you must be thinking about me. Missing me."

Oh you thought right, I think dryly to myself.

"I missed you so so much, o handsome one!" I exclaim jokingly, although my words are anything but. I did miss him. I was disappointed when Balraam opened the gate. Even though I had seen him in our way, I still thought that maybe he will be home somehow, miraculously.

"You think I am handsome?" He wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"Do you not have any work to do?" I ask him back. Partly in an attempt to avoid his question and partly because the memories of him treating all those girls in the forest the same way he treated me came back to me. I am not the only one special to him. Every one is special to him. The thought is unsettling and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Half of the excitement that I was feeling evaporating all of a sudden and a wistful feeling taking its place.

This is so wrong, considering I met him only a day ago.

"I will take that as a yes. That you do, indeed, find me handsome." He smiles broadly. "So, you remember about the promise, I'm assuming?" He continues as he stands beside me, leaning against the railings.

"What promise?"

"That you will dance with me this full moon along with your friends...?"

Oh? I thought my friends were only supposed to be singing and we were to dance?

"Oh that. Yes, I remember." I say instead.
"Good. If you did not, then I would have dragged you anyway." He smiles crookedly again.

How can someone not like him? He can charm everyone. Even my father.

But I should not like him more than I already do. Not in that way at least. In fact I should lessen it.
This is how he talks to everyone. I am nothing more special than the others.

"Why are you still here?" I ask after a while.

"Oh just relaxing. After all the work." He sits down on one of the chairs.

If I stay in his presence more than I need to, then I will only start liking him more.

"Go relax in your chamber. Leave my chamber right now." I say harshly.

He sits there shocked with my sudden outburst.
What if he says that this whole house is his anyway? That will be the truth.
He opens his mouth but I start speaking again, before him, "Oh wait. This whole house is yours anyway. Relax anywhere you want. I will go." I start walking away but stop when he starts speaking.
"Is that what you think? Stay. This is your chamber. Not mine." He continues stiffly, "I will leave. But if you need me, then I will be in the chamber right next to yours. Which is mine." He says mockingly and leaves.

The chamber next to mine is his?

»»--♡--««

I spend some time at the balcony. Then go downstairs. In my way, I peep in Krishn's chamber through the slightly opened doors.

He is sitting on a stool in front of his window while looking at his flute and then looking outside through the window. He looks so sad. And adorable. His hair is unkempt, which makes him look even more irresistible. He his deep in thought too, from the looks of it. As if taking an important decision.

I shake my head and go down stairs.
Aunt Yashoda and ma are helping the men to arrange our furniture coming from Raval.

"Radha! Can you please bring Krishn? We need help." Aunt Yashoda says.

"I can help." I offer instead.

"Okay. But still, the more help, the faster it will be done. Bring Krishn too, please?" She asks.

"Okay." I nod and she thanks me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya ♡