Chapter 64

-Shelby pov-
I've been trying to figure out why they didn't pick Sam and Lucy. I can't think of any honest reason. So today I'm not giving them a chance. We need to figure out our group and they aren't helping.

I need people who won't be biased or lie. So I have Emma and Fran here. Hopefully this is better than yesterday. I need this to be better. We need our best chances going into New York.

When I sit down with the two new judges I see confusion. Judy walks over and stops. She looks at them and then me. She does it a few more times.

"What's going on?" Judy points at them"They aren't judges!"

"Actually they are" I hold up the judge papers from yesterday "I need people who won't lie on who they picked"

"You had no right reading those" I pull them away from her grasp "Hand it over"

"What was so wrong with picking Lucy and Sam?" I point towards the teens in question "They are both gay! They weren't gonna do anything!"

"We weren't going to lie at first" I turn and raise a eyebrow at Holly "We just had no chance of getting you to understand..the wheel gave us some great groups..just it also gave some possible issues"

"Lucy and Sam were the issues" Just sighs "They dated once I..I didn't want anything to risk stress"

I scoff "You just wanted to keep what you've gotten" Judy looks at me confused "You are scared of Lucy went straight you'd lose Beth"

"I'm a grandma Damnit" Judy put her hand on the table angrily "I don't wanna lose Beth and I don't wanna lose you either! If she leaves them what chance do I have? Someone will try to split us up!"

"You never gave me a chance" I get up and keep eye contact with Judy "Where have you and Holly been sneaking to anyways?! A few days ago you ran out and never came back!"

"You didn't tell her?" I give Maribel a confused look "Judys mom got hurt"

"What?" I turn back to Judy who won't look at me "Is that why I got left with the girls? If you remember it was me and you that started this relationship! Us two! I thought maybe that meant something...I guess it doesn't..I really am just a toy for you to keep in contact it's Beth"

"Shelby it's not like that" Judy goes to grab my hands but I move back "Shelbster please"

"Don't call me that" I hit the power button on the mic "Practice is moved to tomorrow...meeting dismissed"

After that I turn it off and walk out. I walk to my office and grab my things. I run out to my car and speed away. I reach the house before anyone else does and run to Rachel's room.

I pull out her suitcase and shove as much clothes as I can in. After that I head to Beth's and Amelia's to pull out the case I had in the closet. I get their clothes and a few toys packed. I drag the bags down to the master bedroom.

I grab my cases and start shoving my clothes in. I hear the front fly open but ignore it. I keep shoving clothes into the case. When I have enough I close the drawer. I turn and see Judy standing there.

I didn't realize I was crying till I'm looking at her. I see the tears and sadness on face. I don't acknowledge it though and push past her with the cases. I give Rachel hers and grab Beth from Emma.

"Is this another surprise vacation?" I shake my head no "What's going on?"

"Making a decision for the betterment of us" I look at Fran who's holding Amelia "Please give her to Rachel"

"I'm on that too" Lucy steps toward "Shes my daughter!"

"Visitation can be discussed" Fran gives Amelia to Rachel and I walk toward the door "Let's go"