Chapter 22

-Shelby pov-
"Santana!" I run in the hallway to catch up to the girl "Come with me to my office please"

"Uhhh ok?" She follows me but stops in the doorway "Why is Judy here too? Did I do something? I swear I was good!"

"You aren't in trouble" Judy motions her in "We just wanna talk"

"Ok?" She slowly walks in and sits "What's going on? Is this the parent talk?"

"It's a parent talk of sorts" She frowns and I think she finally understands "We used to be friends with your mom..she met a bad guy though and left us"

"We tried getting our friend back but couldn't do it" Judy sighs "I lost contact after high school"

"I lost contact after a play" I look at my desk upset "She was away from the Diego and was gonna give us a try...so she said"

"You almost dated my mom?" I look up and nod "Wow...I think I got a glimpse of how Lucy feels"

"What happened?" She looks away and Judy puts a hand on her shoulder "We just want to know what happened to our old friend and your mother"

"Diego became my dad" Santana sighs "He got a job as a travel agent or something like that...she went along with him when she forced her to...then I was alone at ten"

"I wasn't ready for that knowledge" I move my chair to in front of Santana and sit down "Do you know where they are? Do they ever come back?"

"They never stay away longer then five weeks" Santana goes off in thought before looking at me again "They should be home today and gone tonight"

"Then I guess it's time to be sick" Judy stands up and looks at me "Let's go"

"Wait!" Santana runs and blocks the door "Diego isn't the guy you remember! He's way worse! H-he could hurt you two"

"I think you underestimate my strength Santana" I walk up and put a hand on her shoulder "You can come with but you will stay in the car"

"Alright" Santana sighs and moves "They already gave guardianship to Judy so what's to lose huh?"

I giver her a forehead kiss and walk out the door. We head to the main office and sign out. I send a text to Rachel and Lucy before we leave. We get in the car and pull away.

Time to see our old friend.

-Time skip-Santana pov-
We pull up to my house and I see the car. I sigh and look at my house. It's just like the way I left it. Rundown even though it's expensive. The neighborhood always complains but they never cared. I wonder if the power even is on.

"Alright" I open my door "Lets go"

"No" Shelby looks back at me "If he's dangerous you aren't going in!"

"I can't let you fight my battles without me!" I look at Judy pleadingly "Please"

"Fine" I smile victoriously "But you stay behind us"

I nod and we all get out. I follow behind them to the door. They knock and we wait a few moments. The door slowly opens a crack.

"Hello?" It's my moms voice but she isn't showing herself "Can I help you?"

"You can Maribel" Shelby pushes on the door slightly "Why see you hiding from old friends?"

"No" Mom pushes the door against Shelby "You have to go! He can't find you here!"

"Mom open the door" The pushing stops "Mom?"

"The fuck is going on?!" The door flys open and my drunk dad is standing there angry "Oh it's the dykes and Fabray bitch"