Chapter 39: Solo and talks part 1

-Maribel pov-

Sant-Snixx has avoided me for the past few days. I sigh and settle into Shelby's office chair. I have applied to be the school's nurse currently. I sigh as I look at my application.

There's  a knock on the door and I look up. I raise a surprised eyebrow when I see a beautiful blonde standing there. I motion her in and she smiles before entering.

"I'm Holly Holiday" She looks at me confused some "I believe you aren't Shelby"

"No" I stand up and look over her "May I ask why you have come to see my Girlfriend?"

"I-uh" I look at her face as she gulps "I was told to come here to talk about helping the club"

"We have enough assistant" I point to the door "Goodbye"

"Maribel!" I roll my eyes and look at the doorway to see Shelby "Leave Holly alone!"

Holly takes a hesitant step toward Shelby "Hi" She holds her hand out "I am Holly Holliday as You know! I came because I am now a science teacher here and I have experience with show choir!"

"Yes I know" They both walk back fully into the room "I could use some experience with the team"

"You have ENOUGH assistants" Shelby sends me a glare and I roll my eyes again "You aren't getting on the dating train"

"I would be lying by saying you two aren't very beautiful women" I raise a eyebrow and she goes on "But I'd never try and intrude on a relationship....again"

"As long as you know your place" I get hit by a book and look at Shelby "HEY!"

"SHUT UP!" I growl and she looks back at Holly "You can start helping today"

"Thank you" They shake hands and she looks at me "I hope we can move past all of this eventually"

She walks out and I shake my head. Girls like that annoy me. They have it all and never had to work for anything. But something drew me to her some.

The realization dawn when Judy walks in with a smile. I turn toward Shelby and she starts laughing. I sigh defeatedly and look back at Judy. She looks super confused and I just shake my head.

-Time skip-

"Alright" Shelby claps and looks at the club "We have a new helper! Welcome back Holly Holiday!"

There's a few claps and Holly shyly waves. So history is known of her. I don't  like that our girls were the claps. I look at her and she gives me a Judy like smile. 

"Solo tryouts!" I turn away and look at the club "Who's up first?"

Tina raises her hand and walks up. We sit at the judging table. Of course Holly was sat beside me. I glare at my girlfriends who just smile. 

-Tina's tryout-

Look at me,
I may never pass for a perfect bride, or a perfect daughter.
Can it be,
I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see, that if I were truly to be myself,
I would break my family's heart.

Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
Somehow I cannot hide?
Who I am, though I've tried.

When will my reflection show, who I am, inside?
How I pray, that a time will come,
I can free myself, from their expectations
On that day, I'll discover someway to be myself,
and to make my family proud.
They want a docile lamb,

No-one knows who I am.
Must there be a secret me,
I'm forced to hide?
Must I pretend that I am someone else for all time?

When will my reflection show, who I am inside?