9.

NUNIE
ATL GA

 I was at home laying on the couch

I was at home laying on the couch. Herb been coming over alot now, Ever since the whole situation. I didnt mind because he was cool people and I missed him for the 4 years we haven't talked.

"Here go yo mail." He said handing me an envelope. It was pink with stripes on it, "Who the fuck is this from?" I questioned.

"It say ya mama name. You aint seen her in weeks now damn near three months." He said. "Well ya know she's on drugs....." I said astounded.

"Yeah and left yall." He said sitting beside me, rubbing my thigh. "I know for a fact it wasn't her that left us. Its her different personalities." I simply replied. My mom will never leave us, Its just the drugs and her illness takes over.

"Yeah thats what I meant.. You aint alone nu, I know how you feel." He said rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry."

"Nah, its just part of this thing called life. Open that letter & see whatcha moms talkin bout." He said.

I opened up the envelope, taking a deep breath before unfolding the letter. I unfolded the letter, reading it.

Dear My Nunie, I want to apologize for leaving you & Reese. I never meant to hurt yall. Im sorry for accusing you of things that I know in my heart you'll never do. I felt that I wasn't a good mother & I didn't want yall to live the life that I chose to live. I wanted a better life for you two. I was an unfit parent that couldn't get things that my children needed. I couldn't give you the proper care & love that you all deserved. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me. I'm now in rehab. I would love to be with my babies again. A few weeks ago I sent a friend of mine to transfer this message and I never got answer back. I figured you didn't want to speak to me but then word around is that he was killed so maybe my message didn't get to you quickly. Please Kiss Reese on the cheek for me. I love you guys!

3692 Southe Camel Lane ; room #420. - Sincerely, Mommy.

I sniffed as I read the letter. Its been maybe two months since I've talked to my mother face to face.

We would always bump heads, We never had a good day. I loved my mom dearly but I didn't understand why she abandoned us, the way she did. I put the letter back into the envelope, sitting it on the couch. I walked into the kitchen, wrapping my arms around Herb's neck.

"Whats poppin nunu?"

"I have to see my mom. She wants to see me soon. Would you come with me?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah." He replied.

"I hate that you have to see my mom like this. I wish my life was normal." I groaned. "Your mom is alive, Mines dead baby girl, I promise you it aint bad, Pray."