Chapter Twenty Four

"Love is nothing but a trick to the human mind."
-Anonymous

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and hopefully I'll get more updates for you all! Thanks so much for reading and as always- I apologize for any grammar errors.

-Lyla

Niall POV

"Niall where is Harper?" Harry questioned me.

"Long gone."

"So what's the plan now?" Zayn asked.

"Nothing, we do nothing. Unless you guys are willing to die for this girl then by all means go ahead go look for her. I'm sick of getting my neck strained for her."

It's true though as much as I love Harper I can't do this anymore. I have to choose between my friends and the girl I love. I barely know this girl hell she barely knows who she is. I would never choose a girl over my boys- never and no one can change my mind.

"What the fuck do you mean nothing? We need to find her Niall!" Liam screamed at me.

"Then go! I will not be the one to have us all killed! If you wanna go kill youself for this girl then go!" I shoved Liam. "Go then!" I shoved him again.

He gave me a hurt look before wiping the sweat off of his forehead. He shook his head in disbelief.

"I thought you loved her." Liam walked into my shoulder on purpose as he was heading out the front door.

"If anyone follows him consider yourself dead." I spoke to the rest of them.

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Zayn asked.

"Don't worry about any of this. Go on with your lives. I'll take care of everything. Louis you come with me though."

Although I know my upper lip is bruised and my stitches are no longer intact I didn't care. I was already late. I have no time to look proper. I grabbed my coat, sunglasses and my car keys. Louis trailed behind me in a hurry.

Once we reached our destination which was a mansion that had old wooden crates around the front lawn and not to mention the vines growing on the sides of the house. Louis locked the doors, I unlocked it- to only have him lock it again.

"Louis stop."

"Well you dragged me to god knows where I at least deserve to know what I'm getting myself into."

"Well my friend make sure to look tough because we are meeting Harper's father. I'm ending this stupid mess."

"Oh you just happen to know this is his house? Mate it looks abandoned! It's a trap! We're not going in."

"Okay I'll go you stay." I unlocked the doors managing to get out of my car.

"Niall are you serious!" He grabbed hold of my arm. "Are even thinking straight right now!?"

"I knew I should've bought Zayn." I said to him, removing his arm. Louis has always been my go to guy. Although on the outside he looks caring and almost quirky- his looks are for sore eyes. Deep down he's a killing machine. I know that he would be the first one to offer himself for any type of violence. He's got the edge I'm looking for, don't get me wrong the other lads are top notch too- but Louis is different.

"Fuck." Louis sighed.

We both walked into the front gates of their big lawn. The lawn was evenly cut must of just been cut since you can smell it. I looked to the sides of the house and noticed there were guards everywhere. Yep we are definitely at the right spot. I knocked on the front door.