Chapter Twenty Five

Hey everyone sorry any grammar errors but writing this chapter got me shook! Enjoy!

-Lyla

Harper POV

As soon as I heard Niall's father asking Niall where I was I bolted. I got into Niall's car as quietly and quickly as I could- there was only one place I knew I could go to where no one knew it's about except for Niall. I quickly drove down the freeway exiting off on the all go familiar street going into the same exact dark forest. I parked Niall's car next to the soccer field. I'm stuck here I thought to myself. This is the only place where I'm safe. I'm sure once everything is in the clear Niall would give me a call until then I'm stuck here at our spot.

On the floor of his car I spot a guitar pick which reminded me of the time when Niall was showing me a collection of guitar picks in his room.

~~~~~~

"Why do you collect guitar picks? Some of them aren't even that cool looking." I asked him while looking at another handful of picks.

"Darling it's not about the design.. It's where I got them from. Each one has a meaning to it."

"Okay then tell me about this one." I held up a shiny green one that had little white spots on it.

He grabbed hold of the pick examining it until a smile broke through.

"My first girlfriend gave me this one."

"Oh sorry we don't have to talk about it."

"No um.. My first love was a good memory actually."

I gave him a confused look.

"Everyone always talks about their first love as a bad thing but I see it the other way round."

I sat next to him on his bed and have a little side hug putting my head on his shoulder.

"Tell me about her."

"It was a long time ago, well it felt like it anyway. She made me realize that life is hard and that I can't take everyday for granted because soon it'll be gone. Gone in a blink of an eye. She really taught me to just have fun, live in the moment, kinda thing."

"She seemed like a nice girl. Why'd you split?"

Nothing in particular I think we just prefer to be friends."

"Where is she now?" I asked examining the guitar pick.

"She's with some new fella now back in Mullingar saw them kissing at a local pub when I went back home last month."

"Sorry." I kissed his cheek.

"No it's fine- glad she moved on we dated back when I was like seventeen."

"Can I ask you a totally random question?" I asked.

We switched positions to laying on the bed. I cuddled him as he let me sleep on his chest. He nodded his head looking down at me.

"How come you don't have any tattoos? The rest of your friends do."

"I don't know if I would like to get one but I just don't have the urge to get one done. Plus I prefer it this way. A clean slate proves that there's still some good in me."

~~~~~~

I examined the back of the pick just smiling to myself of the memory. Niall where are you?

Niall POV
I dropped Louis off back at home telling him to stay out and I figured everything out. I don't need to go looking for my girl. I already know where she's at. Once I reached the forest there was my car and sleepy Harper in the driver's seat. I knocked on the window startling her a bit.