Chapter Three

What's your favorite Niall song?

-Lyla

Harper POV

Today we have our first match against Leeds and I'm very nervous. Coach sent out an email of who was starting in today's game and luckily I made the cut. Louis and Niall did as well. I called my parents earlier to tell them about it and they were beyond happy. Unfortunately they won't be able to make it to any of my games since they're all in England. But they did promise me they'll be watching the livestream of it.

I packed my soccer bag with the essentials that I needed and made sure to wear our white kit warm up uniforms. I shouldn't be this nervous; it's just like any other game I've played in.

 I shouldn't be this nervous; it's just like any other game I've played in

(What I imagine what Harper looks like- similar to Alex Morgan)

I got a text from Louis saying that they're heading to the team bus right now and that they'll meet me there. As bad as this may sound when I get nervous I smoke a cigarette. I don't always do it but only if something is really really bugging me. I went outside of my apartment and walked to the university with my cigarette in my mouth. I breathed in the smoke feeling at ease now. I slowly blew out the smoke into the air feeling the hot smoke.

"You smoke?" I heard someone question me. I turned around to see Liam walking towards me.

"Only when I'm nervous." I said blowing the smoking with the side of my mouth so it doesn't go into his face.

"You're very interesting Harper."

"Good, interesting?" I kept walking without giving Liam a second glance.

"I mean you are quite cute. Definitely interesting."

"Liam Payne the flirt."

He laughed at my reply back to him.

"I just wanted to walk you to the bus and wish you luck. So there's no need to be worried." He grabbed the cigarette from my mouth and threw it on the ground, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Smoking is bad for your health Harp."

"I know." We both stared into each other's brown eyes. They were a bit darker than mine but they were warming.

"I guess I should get on the bus." I said to escape from the awkward silence.

I pointed to the bus across the street.

"Hey before you go, umm.. if you score today dinner is on me."

"I'd like that."

I walked into the bus and every seat was taken since the bus wasn't as big and the only open seat was next to Niall.