𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER THIRTEENknow your enemy

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
know your enemy.

Mystic Falls, 2010.

                NEW DAY NEW PROBLEM. That was basically how things had been around lately. Bella understood that life was never easy, but this had become too much, even for her. But since she was never a quitter, she just tried to suck it all up.

"Isobel just showed up at the front doorstep."

"What's she doing here?"

"I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out."

She secretly overheard her brother's conversation from her room. It wasn't difficult at all to do that when she had a supernatural hearing.

"I don't think you should tell her that I'm here."

Her eyebrows raised when she heard Katherine joined the conversation.

"What? Why?"

"It's better if she and John not know I stayed in town after I got out."

"You're the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with John that almost got me killed."

"I did what I had to do to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance."

That somehow sounded really fishy in Bella's ears.

"What do you know?"

"I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on Team You. Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again... the less people know that I'm here, the better."

Now Bella was positive that Katherine was up to something. She just needed to find out what it was and she had to make sure it wasn't going to happen. Katherine couldn't win again, not this time.

She was quite sure that both of her brothers were also aware of this. But they got their hands full with finding a way to save Elena right now. That was why she had to take matter into her own hands and started secretly following Katherine.

Her suspicions were proven correct when she discovered Katherine's little meet up with a woman at a foreclosed house in town. After eavesdropping the first part of their conversation from afar, Bella quickly figured out who that woman was.

"You were right. I couldn't get anywhere near Klaus. But I found my way to someone in his trusted circle. One of his witches."

She quickly straightened herself back in the car seat as their conversation just started getting interesting.

Katherine chuckled and mumbled in her lazy tone, "Klaus and his witches."

"He said that Klaus is willing to grant you your freedom if we deliver the moonstone and the doppelganger."