𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER SEVENthe doom

CHAPTER SEVEN
the doom.

Mystic Falls, 2010.

        ㅡAS BELLA HAD EXPECTED, her brothers pulled her back into another interrogation session first thing in the next morning. They demanded an explanation after the stunt she pulled last night, and they wouldn't let her leave the room before they got it.

"So?" Damon urged, looking impatient as usual.

Bella rolled her eyes and spoke in a lazy tone, "Once upon a time, there was this girlㅡ"

"Bella," Stefan interjected in a warning tone.

"Ugh, Fine!" she groaned, hands up in giving up gestures. But before she jumped up to her explanation, she went to pour herself a drink first.

After taking a sip on her glass, Bella finally started, "As you already know, Katherine is a bitch to everyone. She has been pissing off countless people over the centuries." She took another sip, licked her lips, then stared at the glass for a moment. "In 1902, I came across her and made a really stupid decision; trusted her. For almost a year I just... tagged along with her."

"What happened then?" Stefan asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"One day, she tricked me into helping her escape from her biggest enemy... and I've been marked ever since," she tried to keep her explanation as short as possible since she didn't really feel like sharing the details with them. It wasn't because she didn't trust them, it was more because she didn't think telling them about it would do any good. She took a deep breath before continuing, "And the only way I can make amends for them is by helping them to catch Katherine, alive."

"Wait, if they were Katherine's biggest enemy, they would have wanted her dead too, wouldn't they?" Damon muttered, and then speculated, "Doesn't that mean we will be doing them a favor by killing her?"

She shook her head. "No, they would like to make her suffer in their own term." Rubbing her forehead, Bella continued, "As I said before, death will be too kind for her."

"What else do you know about this 'them'?" Damon questioned again, head tilted to the side.

She shrugged and for some reason chose to lie, "Just that they are very old vampires. And we all know older means stronger, so..." Taking another sip, she emptied her glass.

Stefan stole a glance at his watch and muttered, "I'm late for school." He quickly stood up and put up his sling bag on his shoulder. "Let's talk again later?" He looked at his siblings in turn, then walked away.

Damon cleared his throat as he walked closer to his little sister. "I just have one more question."

"We both know it doesn't matter whether or not I agree to hear your question," she retorted and put her empty glass back to the table. "So just shoot, or whatever."