𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER TWENTY ONEcrazy ex on the loose

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
crazy ex on the loose.

•••

NO WORDS COULD DESCRIBE HER FEELINGS AT THE MOMENT. Not a single one. Everything was so mixed up inside her. The fear of what would happen next, what he might do to her. The mix of pain and anger she felt for him, for what he did to her 145 years ago. And then there was guilt and the longing, two things she shouldn't feel but she felt anyway. For the first time in a long time, she felt like an idiot.

It was something she had been trying to avoid happening for over a century. And yet she knew (or she wished? she wasn't sure anymore) sooner or later it would happen anyway. Now it was really happening, she really had no idea how she was going to face it.

Kol had brought her back to Klaus' mansion, speeding up straight to one of the bedrooms, which she assumed it was his now that he was back to life. And after compelling her not to leave the room, he left to the bathroom.

It had been a while (a few minutes or even an hour? she wasn't sure) since she just sat on the couch and listened to the sound of the shower. Not even an inch had she moved from her seat. She just sat still like a statue, her eyes staring blankly at the table in front of her.

The fact that she wasn't really under his compulsion because the vervain she had consumed earlier that day hadn't left her system made her feel even more idiot. What was wrong with her? Why didn't she leave? Why didn't she take the opportunity that was right before her eyes? Wasn't running away from him something she wanted to do before? Then why didn't she do it now?

She kept asking herself that questions, as if she would get the answers. Little did she realize that she actually knew all the answers, but she was too afraid to admit it. She was too afraid to face her hidden feelings and desires, the one that she had long denied existed.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long."

Her eyeballs immediately turned to the source of the sound, to Kol who had just come out of the bathroom. He was shirtless from the waist up, and from the waist down wrapped only in a thin white towel, water dripping from his brown hair and onto his muscular chest. The scent of his body wash, a woodsy pine scent, wafted over to her from where he was standing not far from the bathroom door, making her heart beat faster. For all she knew she shouldn't have felt this way, not when she had seen many men's shirtless bodies before, including his. But she did anyway. And the craziest part was that she felt like she couldn't take her eyes off him.

He was grinning from ear to ear as he spoke, "You see, being in a coffin for a century tends to make people enjoy a little thing like showering too much that they almost lose track of time." He then gave her a meaningful look. "Good thing I have a very special girl waiting for me as a strong reminder."