𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER THIRTY ONEthe calm between the storm

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
the calm between the storm.

•••

IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER ago since the last time Kol had felt that way; like he was in seventh heaven. To this day, he still had no idea how Bella did it, or how it was possible to feel that kind of emotion just by being around her. For all he knew, she was the only one who could make him feel that way. She was his one and only, the one he ever truly loved and the only one he ever would, until the very end.

Their long session of make up sex had ended about ten minutes ago. It was mind-blowing, to say the least. It felt much more amazing than he had ever imagined. And he found himself could not fall asleep after as he realized that reality was finally better than dreams; he got his Bella back. And seeing her lying next to him now, just breathing easily with eyes closed, he could feel an overwhelming sense of calmness and peace. It felt undoubtedly right. And with her by his side, he knew he could take on anything.

A faint grin spread over his lips when Bella suddenly turned her back to him with a frownㅡprobably annoyed that he didn't stop staring. It looked like he wasn't the only one who could not fall asleep.

Leaning over her, Kol began to plant kisses along her bodyㅡstarting at the top of her head, moving to her temple and cheek, and continuing to work his way down her jaw and neck. His hand didn't stay stillㅡit slipped under the blanket and stroked her bare waist seductively.

"Kol, I'm trying to sleep," Bella voiced patiently, without opening her eyes.

His grin widened at her reaction, but he didn't stop. His hand moved even lower, and so did his lips. "Then sleep, darling."

Finally opening her eyes, she replied, "How am I supposed to do that if you keep doing that?"

He moved his lips up to her ear, and whispered, "Doing what?" His voice was low and arousing, sending warm tremors through her.

She bit her lower lip as she could feel his hand slowly creeping between her thighs. "That."

"You want me to stop?" He kissed her below the earlobe and left a hot trail of kisses all the way to her shoulder. "Why don't you make me?"

Within a flash, the brown-haired guy fell on his back to the other side of the bed with Bella sitting on his stomach. The blanket wrapped around Bella's body slumped down at her sudden and quick movement, exposing her naked upper body. But the girl didn't seem to mind that, and neither did heㅡinstead he seemed to be enjoying the view. "We literally just had sex in every corner of this place," stated the blonde, with a faint smile on her face.

"Your point?" he responded, his brows arched and his lips curled into a smug smile.

His response made her stare at him in disbelief, but the smile hadn't left her face. "You're a maniac."