𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER THIRTYone more chance for love

CHAPTER THIRTY
one more chance for love.

•••

JUST LIKE ANY OTHER tragic night, last night ended in other deaths. The death of Esther Mikaelson and Alaric Saltzman. It turned out that Esther's big plan to destroy all vampires in the world was to turn Alaric into another vampire hunter. But the witch failed, and the local hunter refused to finish his transition. The deaths of the them two actually didn't have any effect on Bella since she wasn't close to either of them, but it certainly had an effect on the people close to her.

Alaric was Damon's closest friend, so of course his death really devastated him. But Damon being Damon would rather push people away than admit that he needed moral support. Then there was JeremyㅡAlaric was like a father figure to him. She might not in love with the Gilbert boy, but she did care about him. She knew Jeremy wouldn't take Alaric's death well. She wanted to check up on him, but after last night, she doubted Jeremy would want to see her at the moment.

Then, there were also Rebekah and Kol. Esther was their mother. Bella didn't know what her death actually meant to themㅡthey were harder to guess, because of their complicated relationshipㅡand that was why she planned to check up on them today.

"Isabella, what a pleasant surprise."

A frown rolled over Bella's features as the door in front of her opened and revealed the last person she wanted to meet on the other side of it. Of all the people living in the Mansion, why did it have to be Klaus?

"You surprisingly sound like you're in a good mood," Bella observed, frown deepened. "Oh, right, you just became an orphan again." She pretended she just remembered, and then she smiled sarcastically at him. "What else could possibly make someone happier than that?"

"Well, you know how stressful parents could be sometimes," Klaus answered, confirming it. Surprisingly, Bella did know, but she decided not to respond. "Would you like to come in, love?" He opened the door wider, motioning at the inside of the Mansion with smile boardened. "But you have to forgive the inconveniences. I'm leaving town today."

Rebekah had told her about it beforeㅡabout Klaus' plan to leave town. But Rebekah herself didn't want to leave, and Bella had offered the girl to stay with her when Klaus left. But the two hadn't talked about it anymore with all the chaotic situation surrounding them. And the way Klaus announced his departure as if he expected Bella to care.

Putting on a fake smile, Bella retorted, "Yeah, sorry I forgot to buy a 'goodbye and hopefully we won't see each other ever again' gift."

"You're still mad about last night," the hybrid observed, with eyes narrowed, then he smiled amusedly. "It was just a little spat, love. I'm over it already."