𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

CHAPTER NINEfoolishness

CHAPTER NINE
foolishness.

Mystic Falls, 2010.

           ㅡIT WAS FULL MOON AND AS A VAMPIRE, Bella felt stupid to stay in the town with a werewolf in it. She didn't like putting herself at risk, but she couldn't just leave, not before she made sure about her brother's safety. Stefan was trapped in the tomb, so there was nothing she could do about him. It was unlikely anyway for him to run into a werewolf from there. Damon, on the other hand, was in the town somewhere. She didn't know exactly where because he kept on not picking up his phone.

This was not at all how she imagined life with her two brothers would be. They kept being total idiots who put their own life at risk, while she, being the only one with the sensible mind, had to look out for both of them. If it weren't for the sibling love and loyalty she had, she would have bail on them already.

Couldn't hold back any longer just waiting at home, she decided to go to find Damon. Her guesses about his whereabouts would be the Gilberts' house and the Grill, so that was where she was heading out. But when Bella just stepped out from her house, she was startled by a familiar face on the porch. 

She gasped as she said the person's name, "Elijah."

"Good evening, Isabella," he greeted her politely, faint smile formed in his face. "It's good to see you again."

It took her a moment to control her surprise. Swallowing hard, she finally answered, "No offense, I really wanna say the same thing about you, but the circumstances didn't let me to, so..."

"I completely understand," he replied, sounding as calm as ever.

Bella found his calmness a little bit frightening, especially in this kind of situation. She could try to run from him, but she knew he would caught her in a blink of eyes. "Look, I-I swear I never meant to cross Klaus," she tried to explain. "It was Katherine thatㅡ"

"You can save your breath," he cutted in. "I'm not here for that."

"Then what are you here for?"

"I'm here because I want to kill Niklaus."

For a moment, Bella just blinked and tried to process what she just heard. "Do my ears decieve me or did you really just said you wanna kill your own brother?"

"I believe you heard it correctly," he confrimed.

She chuckled in disbelief. "But why?"

"As you already know, Klaus was not my only siblings. And what he did to the others, if you haven't heardㅡ"

"I've heard about it," she interrupted, not wanting to hear about it again.

"Then you know exactly why," he stated firmly. He took one step closer to her before continuing, "And I think if you are given the same opportunity to kill Niklaus, you wouldn't hesitate to take it. Not just for your freedom, but also for him."