𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER ELEVENtrust issues

CHAPTER ELEVEN
trust issues.

Mystic Falls, 2010.

                   —AFTER MAKING SURE EVERYTHING WAS ON POINT (the outfit, makeup, and hairstyle), Bella walked out from her room. She was about to leave the house as well, but Damon and his compelled girlfriend Andie Star happened to be in the way, blocking the front door. She actually could just forced her way past them, but it was kind of too early to piss someone off.

"You have your story straight in your mind, right?" Damon asked for sure, hands busy tying the scarf around her neck to cover the bite wound.

"I can't say that you bit me or drank my blood... just that we hit it off and I really like you," the news lady answered, completely brainwashed. "You are terrific, though. You're sweet, funny, and you're honest."

He grabbed her head with both his hand and added, "And you're falling hard."

"You might be the one," she replied, eyes staring blankly.

The oldest Salvatore smiled with satisfaction and let go of her. "Perfect."

Andie blinked in confusion after Damon broke their eye contact. But as soon as her eyes caught a little blonde presence behind them, she quickly replaced the confusion with a bright smile. "Oh, hi, little barbie."

"Call me that again and I'll break your skinny legs into pieces," Bella retorted through her gritted teeth, sounding calm and dangerous in the same time. Andie's smile slowly faded away.

Damon turned to his little sister and jokingly warned, "Sister, play nice."

"What do you think I've been doing?" she replied, looking back at her brother with a cynical smile. "If I didn't play nice, she, your drinking bud, your precious Elena and her brother wouldn't have any blood left in their bodies the second they set foot in this house."

"You're a maniac," he commented, somehow looking impressed.

"Thank you," the blonde girl responded. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere else to be." She then walked past them out of the house.

But just when Bella set foot outside, Alaric came to the view. The history teacher gave her a brief smile and nod before stepping inside. She suddenly had a strong feeling that he and her brother were up to something. She wanted to stay and found out what it was, but she couldn't just go back to the house after exclaiming that she had somewhere else to be. Damon already began to distrust her after she showed her trust to Elijah. In was very likely that he would distrust her even more if she showed more suspicious gestures.

After their little bonding last night, Caroline invited her to meet at the Grill this morning. She said it might be something important so Bella decided to come. And as soon as she walked inside the hangout, she immediately found Caroline waving at her from one of the tables, the Bennett witch sat beside her.