𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

CHAPTER EIGHTbetween two choices

CHAPTER EIGHT
between two choices.

New Orleans, 1864.

           A WEEK HAS PASSED AND BELLA STILL COULDN'T GET RID OF THE MEMORY OF THAT NIGHT. Many things happened that night, but there was only one thing that stuck most in her memory; the kiss. It might sound stupid and silly, considered the other things happened that night was included mass murder, but how could one forget about their first kiss?

Bella could still remember how soft and warm his lips were. She also still remembered how her body shiver as his hand began to stroke her cheeks, down to her neck, while his lips moved slowly against hers. It was a gentle and meaningful kiss. And she would be lying if she said she didn't like it.

She might rarely show it, but she did find Kol attractive. In fact, he was the most handsome guy she had ever met. There were a few times she felt a little nervous around him, especially when he got too close to her. But of course, she always tried not to show it. And not just that, she also tried to suppress the attraction she felt towards him. She did that to prevent herself from falling for someone as complicated as Kol, to protect her own heart. But how could she do that now, after that kiss?

Things got even more complicated when Bella couldn't help wondering; how did Kol feel about the kiss? Did he regret it? Was that the reason he hadn't shown up for the rest of the week? Because as far as she knew, he had been lived for almost 900 years. So unlike her, there was no way he had never kissed before. Hence there was a huge chance that the kiss meant nothing to him.

She hated such an uncertainty like this, and the fact that it effected her this much. Realizing what she needed most right now was a distraction, she volunteered to do more work to her aunt. So there she was, being the one who closed their little restaurant for the day. She went outside and was about to lock the door when suddenly, her eyes caught someone's presence right behind her from the window. She flinched as she turned around to face the person.

"Good evening, beautiful one," the person greeted her, smiling broadly.

She blinked and called his name in shook, "Kol?"

It was hard to not eyeing him from up to down since he didn't look like his usual self right now. His brown hair was a bit messy, one side of his shirt was untucked while the top three buttons were open, and his breath reeking of alcohol. She couldn't help frowning. What happened to him?

"I know it was impolite to visit at this time, but I couldn't resist stopping by," he explained, the corner of his mouth still forming the same smile.

Sensing that something was wrong with him, Bella decided to stay for a while and invited him inside. He looked like he was in a lot trouble. And as a good friend, she wanted to be there for him.

After sitting comfortably opposite each other at one of the tables, she finally questioned, "Where have you been?"

"Chicago, why? Miss me?" His grin appeared as he teased.