𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVENa trip to the unknown

a trip to the unknown.

•••

Bella's footsteps slowed down when she reached the kitchen and found Kol with his face drowning in the neck of the teenage daughter of the owner of the house where they lived. Noticing her presence, Kol looked up, his eyes were blood-red, there were black veins under his eyes, and behind the blood spattered around his mouth, there were razor-sharp fangs. Slowly, all of that disappeared from his face, except for the blood. And after dropping the lifeless body in his arms to the floor, Kol flashed himself in front of Bella.

There was a brief pause as his brown eyes studied her expression, and then he finally asked, "Did I scare you?"

"No," she answered without hesitation. Her lips twisted into a sincere smile.

She wasn't lying, and he knew that. However, he still couldn't help but feel a little skeptical.

"You know, I still remember how you reacted when you first saw me like this." His eyes narrowed teasingly and his mouth slid into a lopsided smile. "You were so scared that I could even hear your heart beating rapidly from where I stood."

"But that was before I fell in love with you."  Without breaking eye contact with him, she took out a handkerchief from her dress pocket. "I believe that no one can love only a certain part of a person and be scared of the other." His gaze softened as she stretched out her hand in front of his face and began to clean the blood around his mouth and jaw. "And when I said I love you... I mean every part of me loves every part of you."

"Even this part?" he questioned again, deliberately bringing back his vampire face.

There was not a shred of fear on her face as she saw that, and she stroked his cheek gently with her other hand. "Even that."

Without wasting any time, he lowered his head and pulled her closer to him, kissing her in a way that made her legs weak.

The first thing Bella noticed when she opened her eyes was that her neck felt sore, something that could easily be explained by her head that was tilted to the side and leaned against the car window. A soft moan escaped her lips as she straightened her head, and she slowly took off the sunglasses she was wearing. But when the sun's rays from the windshield dazzled her hazel eyes, she quickly put them on again.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Kol greeted her from the driver's seat, "I hope you have a nice dream there?" His voice was soft and suggestive, and there was a mischievous gleam in his eyes as they stared down the street.