𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

CHAPTER TWOwhen they first met

CHAPTER TWO
when they first met.

New Orleans, 1864.

             ㅡIT'S BEEN A WEEK SINCE BELLA LIVED IN NEW ORLEANS. She tried her best to forget what she saw on the night of her father's death, but it kept coming back to her as a nightmare.

She really didn't want to remember her brother like that, as a monster. She had known him all her life and she wanted to remember him as a sweet person he used to be. But the last image of him killing their father got stuck in her head and she didn't know what to do with it.

"Bella, sweetheart, could you help me with the table please?"

It was her aunt's voice that knocked her out of her mind. Bella hurriedly shook her head to shake off any kind thoughts of that night, then went to help her aunt.

Her uncle owned a small restaurant in this city. And in order make herself more useful, she volunteered to help them with that. The place itself was always busier at night so she had more work to do. She was more than okay with it, as that was the only distraction she had.

Around 8 o'clock, when all the customers had finished their dinner, her aunt asked her to be the one to close the restaurant for the day as she needed to go home early to check on her husband who wasn't feeling well. Without any hesitation, she agreed to help. More work meant more distraction. And that was exactly what she needed.

After making sure that everything was in place, she went out and locked the door. And as she turned to leave, she caught a pair of blue eyes watching her from across the street.

"Damon?" she said her brother's name in disbelief. And in the blink of eyes, the guy just disappeared. "No, wait!" she shouted, eyes wide in shock. And without a second thought, she ran towards the street where her brother just disappeared.

Bella knew that both Damon and Stefan were no longer human, they were vampires now. To be honest, she couldn't decide how to felt about it. Her father despised vampires, he hated them with an undying passion. She used to pretend to hate them too just to make him happy. Deep down she always felt a bit unfair to hate something that she had never even met, something that had never done anything to her. But that was before all these horrible things happened.

She kept running towards where she thought Damon was gone. She was so hurt when she thought she had lost her two brothers forever, that didn't even have a chance to say goodbye. But now she knew they weren't really dead, she certainly wouldn't just let them go.

However, her steps had to stop when a grown man confronted her. "Sorry, little miss. Adult only," the man stated. Only now she realized that she was standing in front of a bar. Her face was filled with confusion as she shifted her gaze from man in front of her to the bar's window. She could have sworn she saw Damon's shadow enter the place.