Chapter 2

Nihachu is Raiding with 20,000 viewers

     Suddenly, I was faced head on, unprepared and anxious with something else much bigger than me.

     I found tears forming in my eyes and as I sat with my hand covering my mouth. I couldn't tell if the tears were from happiness, shock or even from the anxiety that now churned in my chest. The chat was now filled with Raid Emotes, and it was going so fast that I couldn't make anything else out.

     Next thing I knew, I got a donation from Nihachu and as the robotic voice read out the message with it, the tears started rolling.

     "Hello AnitaBreak! As I was trying to figure out someone to raid, I clicked in as you started sharing your message to the donation. You have such a way with words and more people need to hear it. Thank you for being you love <3 Keep spreading that positive energy, and I'm more than willing to help you, so feel free to reach out!" The Robotic voice read.

     I gave a nervous laugh and wiped away my tears, realizing I hadn't said anything. "Thank you so much Nihachu. You have no idea how much this means to me holy crap." I laugh nervously again. "I, uh... I'm gonna be honest I'm not used to this many people in chat but uhm... Hello everyone! I'm Annie and uh, I'm 16. I play a bunch of games, primarily Minecraft though. If you new people have any questions about me, feel free to ask I guess."

    I watch as the chat goes flying, much of what I can actually catch is heart emotes, along with a bunch of the older viewers voicing their excitement that I got raided by someone as big as Nihachu. I smiled, my heart filling with gratitude for everyone who has helped make this possible for me.

     I crack my fingers and my neck, "Now, how about we get back to gaming chat?" I flip my screen back to the Minecraft screen, starting my music playlist that has a bunch of uncopyrighted game music and Lofi music and I continue on like normal. Nihachu's community was a lot like mine, very supporting and chill so it almost felt as if nothing had changed, even though the amount of people watching me had went up by over 20, 000 people.

     About an hour and a half passes of streaming and I notice the time and realize my dad will be calling me down for dinner soon so I decide it's time to end stream. I had reached a viewership of almost 23,000 viewers and I was so excited to talk to my dad about it.

     I decided to raid a streamer named Ranboo who had around the same amount of viewers because I knew his content was similar to mine.

     "Alright, you guys go give Ranboo some love, he seems like a really chill person! Bye guyssss!" I say in a sing-song voice, clicking the button to send it. I click into his stream to watch my chat and also to get his reaction.

     When the raid went through, I heard Ranboo's voice fill with excitement and he thanked me for the raid. I typed a quick "You're welcome =)" in the chat before I closed off of the stream and checked my phone.

Twitter - Nihaachu has Followed You
Instagram - Nihaachuu has Followed You

     I felt more happiness bubble up in my chest. She was serious about what she had said in her donation. The thought made me feel so happy that people as lovely as her existed.

     I clicked on the Twitter notification and it brought up her account. I pushed aside the slight feeling of anxiety that churned in my gut and clicked the button to send her a message. Her raiding me was such a big thing, only one thank you wouldn't suffice to show her how grateful I was.

Niki

Hi Niki! I just wanted to thank you again for raiding me! You have no idea how much it meant to me and I really really appreciated the message you left me as well! So again, thank you so much! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day <3

It's no problem! Thank you for being such a positive influence for your viewers :) Like I said before, if you ever need anything, let me know! Also if you ever need someone to game with, you've got my socials! Just let me know! <3

<3

     I didn't want to keep her busy for too long so I simply left it at that. She was honestly such a kind soul and I couldn't believe she had chosen me of all people to raid, but hey. I'm not complaining. I gained someone who I could consider a new friend out of it.

Word Count - 813 words