Chapter 28

'Oh God no....'

     I watched as Niki rushed over to my side, trying to be as discreet as possible, and held my arm gently, trying to comfort me. I watched as her and Wilbur exchange a look.

     "Oi," Tommy started taking a step forward, a look of confusion and anger hidden behind his eyes. "What's that supposed to-"

     "Tommy." Wilbur hushed him, while subtly bringing him and Tubbo closer to him, almost as if he was trying to keep them close enough to where he could get to them if something were to happen.

     I knew she would never do anything to them though.

     Sandwiched in between Niki and Wilbur, I felt guilt bubble in my chest. My friends were being dragged into the one thing I didn't want them to be put in the middle of.

     'And it's all my fault...'

     "Good morning Mister Belle and lady friend of his. My name's William Gold. It's a pleasure to meet you." He gave them a warm smile, stepping forward and extending his hand.

     To my relief, it was my father who took over this time. He stepped forward and shook his hand with a light smile. "Hello, just to be sure, you're also called Wilbur right?"

     "Yes sir, that would be my online persona."

    "Ah yes, Ann's talked about you before. It's nice to meet you."

    As Miss Claire goes to shake his hand, Wilbur puts his hand down, pretending not to realize, but I could see his glance towards her right as she put her hand out.

     I guess my dad now noticed everyone's gazes on his girlfriend and he glanced at her too. "Claire dear, how about you go back inside and start the popcorn popping. I'll be in soon."

    With a frown, she turns back to the door and walks into the house, thankfully not causing a scene.

     I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in the second the door closed behind her and Niki removed her hand from my arm, rubbing my back for a moment before she walked up to my dad. Her place was quickly replaced by Tommy and Tubbo, who took their place on either side of me.

    "The fuck was that lady's problem?" Tommy leaned down, whispering to me.

    "Later." I whisper back to him quickly.

    "Hello sir! I'm Niki, or Nihachu. I've been a friend of your daughter for quite some time now. It's a pleasure to meet you." She gave him a warm smile, extending her hand.

     "Ah! You're the one who sent your viewers to Ann and helped her grow. I've heard so much about you!" He quickly took her hand, giving her a bright smile. "You have no idea how much she talks about you. She has adored your content for so long!"

     My face instantly turns bright red at the call out and I see my brother snicker from next to my dad. Niki glances back at me with a shimmering smile.

    "Oh really now? I had no idea."

    Dad chuckles as he peers over Niki's head at the two boys who stay stood right next to me.

    "Ahh, so which one of you is Tommy and which one of you is Tubbo?" He questions.

    Tommy lifts his hand slightly, awkwardly. "I'm Tommy. That's Tubbo, sir," Tommy replies, nodding over to Tubbo, knowing he gets kind of nervous when meeting new people face to face. Tubbo simply just waved.

     I smiled at the subtle gesture, knowing full well that it probably wasn't the first time this had happened.

    My dad made his way over and patted both boys on the back. "I've heard so much about you two you don't even know. Tommy, you're all she's talked about lately. Tommy this, Tommy that-"

     "OHH-KAYYY DAD THAT'S QUITE ENOUGH EMBARRASSING ME FOR THE DAY." I shout, laughing nervously, hating that he was just exposing me like that.

    "Oh come on Ann, I'm just telling them how you-"

     "DAD THEY DON'T NEED TO KNOW ALL THAT. C'MON NOW-"

     I'm cut off by Tommy and Tubbo busting out laughing, practically rolling on the floor laughing.

    My face burns bright red. "Y'ALL IT'S NOT FUNNY! STOOOP!" I bend down and lightly hit both of them.

    "Ann, it is a liiittle funny." Jordan starts.

     "SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU GIRAFFE, I WILL HURT YOU!"

    "Bruh you're a midget, you can't do shit."

    "Language J-" Dad began to say, before I began to chase after my brother.

    "JESUS CHRIST I FORGOT SHE'S LIKE A FUCKING CHEETAH." He says, trying desperately to get away from me.

    Though I can't tackle him to the ground, I manage to jump on to his back and cling on.

    I stuck my head up triumphantly from his back. "Now, onward my noble giraffe steed! To Tommy and Tubbo!" I shout from his back, sticking an arm up.

    Next thing I know, he was falling backwards into the grass.

    "HEY! YOU BITCH! I SAID ONWARD, NOT GRASSWARD!"

    Everyone began to laugh, besides our dad who shook his head, fussing about my language.

    Finally, after plenty of convincing, my dad let me go. On one condition.

    The giraffe had to come with me.

    I guess it wasn't that bad, because then I could just use his money to buy things instead of my own, and he had to drive me wherever I wanted to go so hey, sounds like a fair trade.

    We didn't see the witch for the rest of the time we were there, but as we pulled out of the driveway, I saw her, gazing at me through the kitchen window with a glare.

    But, I had no time to pay attention to it, as I had already dozed off on Tommy's shoulder without realizing it.

Word count - 968 words

A/N: I spoil y'all with this, but early update! And possibly another update later on??🙈 You'll just have to wait and see!

Love you guys lots btw <3 make sure to stay hydrated, eat and take your meds if you need to :)