Chapter 20

"Oh hell no." I say, walking past my brother into the kitchen. I'll be damned if I'm letting the Wicked Witch of the West take over my life that easily.

     I stroll into the kitchen, trying to act casual as to not give away how pissed I was. "Good morning!" I call out to my dad, practically ignoring Miss Claire.

     "Good morning Ann-"

     "We were in the middle of a conversation. Learn some manners," Miss Claire snaps at me, cutting off my dad.

     I turn towards her slowly, plastering on a fake smile. "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. Is it a crime for me to tell my father good morning?"

     "Well, no-"

     "Ah yes, thanks for clearing that up for me. Didn't think there were rules against it in my own house that I didn't even know about." I turn back to my dad, letting my fake smile drop. "What's for breakfast?"

     I could feel Miss Claire's eyes burning into the side of my head at this point. She was clearly extremely pissed off at me. But it's okay, because the feeling was neutral and I honestly did not give two shits what she thought about me. She lost that affect on me when she insulted my career that gets me more money in a month than she makes in 5.

     "Annie- why are you acting like that?" My dad asks me, quizzically.

     I laugh and shake my head. "Oh father dearest, I don't know what you're talking about. Is that pancakes? I smell pancakes." I walk over to where a big stack of pancakes were stacked and steaming, putting 2 on my plate.

     As I turned around to go take my spot at the table, I realize that Claire took that just like she took all my patience and threw it out the window.

     I laugh softly to myself and I see my brother watching me carefully from his spot at the table.

     "Miss Claire, I know you're new here and everything, but that's my chair. It always has been. So if you could kindly move that would be fantastic," I tell her, plastering a fake smile on my face again.

     She smirks and I catch an evil glint in her eyes, "Uh no, I don't think I will."

     My fake smile falters for a moment before I clear my throat and go back into my fake mode. "Miss Claire there are literally like 3 other chairs at this table that you could move to. I just want my spot."

    "How about you just sit in one of them then."

     "Because THAT is MY spot. You can't just waltz in here and think you can just take the things that are mine."

     "Annie." Dad says with a dangerous tone that I had never heard before.

     But of course, my hard headed ass ignored it. "I don't get why you decide to be such a prick to me. I am a 16 year old child and you are purposefully trying to make my life a living hell."

     "Annie. That's enough. " My dad's voice is louder now and even more dangerous.

     My head snaps towards him,"Dad, she-"

     "ANNIE I SAID ENOUGH.IF YOU AREN'T GONNA BE NICE TO CLAIRE AND JUST SIT IN A DIFFERENT CHAIR THEN JUST GO TO YOUR ROOM."

     I feel my breath hitch and I watch as Jordan stands up, staring at our dad in disbelief. I see his mouth moving but I can't hear anything that he's saying as tears threaten to spill from my eyes like water from a faucet.

     I quickly sprint out of the kitchen, up the stairs and to my room, slamming the door behind me and locking it.

     After I make sure it's locked, I turn around and slide down the door, now letting my tears fall as Luna rushes to my side from her spot on my bed to make sure I was alright.

     'I want things to go back to the way they were before she came along..."

Word Count - 713 words

A/N - sorry for how short this chapter is, I feel like it would have dulled the affect of it if I drew it out too long :) also, THANKS SO MUCH FOR +2K READS! Holy hell you guys are amazing <3