Chapter 33

But as my stomach turns in knots, I realized how beautiful Tommy's eyes were when they sparkled as he looked at me and part of me began wishing that his eyes would sparkle at me like that more often.

      Tommy and I both chatted cheerfully with each other after that as I tried to ignore the butterflies that only just now became noticeable.

     "So, what's your plan? Like are you just gonna fuckin turn on your camera and play games like normal?" Tommy questions me.

     "I didn't really think about it in all honesty... But uhh, maybe...." I pause for a moment, trying to think of possible ideas. "Maybe a cooking stream?"

Tommy makes a face, seeming like he's trying to make me laugh. "You sound like Tubbo right now."

"Well, I have always said that I take after my idols," I tell him, flipping my hair dramatically and trying not to crack a smile.

"Heyyyy bitch!" He whisper yells at me, nudging me slightly. "I thought I was your idol!"

I pretend to turn my nose up. "Nope, it's Tubbo. I could never idolize someone who hates American women."

"Okay I don't hate ALL of them." He argues.

I raise an eyebrow at him, urging him to tell me who.

He thinks for a moment. "Ariana Grande is pretty cool."

"Hey! You asswipe! I am LITERALLY right here," I tell him, pouting.

He laughs, that iconic laugh that makes the butterflies in my stomach flare up. I grab my stomach at the feel of them, my face heating up slightly.

'What the hell is wrong with me?'

He glances down where my arm is clutched to my stomach. "You alright?"

I nod quickly turning towards the skyline and wrapping both my arms around myself. "Yeah... yeah, I'm just- cold."

He gives me a weird look. "You're cold? When it's like 20 degrees out here?"

"20 degrees is cold tho- oh wait you mean Celsius. Never mind." I shake my head. "I dunno why I'm cold. Guess I just felt a chill or something," I lie.

"Well," he begins, "I would offer you my coat or a blanket if I had one."

"Aww what a gentlemannn," I tease him.

"Don't fuckin antagonize me, I'm trying to be nice to you."

I laugh softly, "I know, it's just really fun to mess with you," I tell him, taking out my AirPods that I brought out just in case he didn't show. "Do you want to listen to some music?"

"Depends, do you listen to any Khai Dream's?"

I pause for a moment, looking him dead in the eyes, "Dude, I love Khai Dreams. He's like the majority of my playlist."

"POG!" He whisper yells at me, holding a hand out, "Hand over the airpod!"

I smile and hand him the right airpod, keeping the left one for myself so we could both hear each other and the music easily if need be, clicking play on my playlist.

9pm on a Sunday by Khai Dream's begins to play and I see Tommy perk up slightly, beginning to bop his head to the song.

I smile softly, having seen his little head bops and I hum along with the song, simply closing my eyes so that I could focus on the lyrics.

Before I knew it, that song was over. And the next one. And the one after that. Now, Blue Moon by Khai Dreams was playing and I felt a pair of eyes on me as the soft instrumental rang through my mind.

I open my eyes and turn to Tommy, who's looking at me with a soft smile that reaches his eyes.

I tilt my head at him, curiously. "Why're you looking at me like that?"

He suddenly seems to snap out of it, "What? Like what?"

I shrug. "I dunno, you've got a look on your face that I've never seen before."

I almost think I see a faint blush cover his face but I brush it off as the heat of that summer night.

"I was just thinking about... uhhh.. how you seem like you would be good at singing..."

I give him a funny look, "Huh? That's so random." I tell him, laughing a little now.

He laughs awkwardly. "Well- it's because your humming is very calming."

"Well I mean, I used to do a bunch of choir stuff so I dunno, maybe I do."

He nods, turning back to cityscape and to listen to the music.

I yawn, feeling my eyes begin to droop and my head begin to feel heavy. I gently lean my head onto his shoulder, closing my eyes.

For a bit, Tommy just seems to freeze and I hoped that he didn't feel uncomfortable by me leaning my head on him. I just felt really tired but like, not tired enough to actually sleep.

Next thing I know, incomprehensible to me at the time, he wraps an arm around me and rubs my arm softly, as if he was trying to warm me up. He also gently laid his head on top of mine.

"You ready to head inside Ann? You've got a big day tomorrow."

"Mmm, a few more songs?" I ask him, without moving my head or opening my eyes.

I hear Tommy laugh softly before he nods his head, picking up his head. "Alright woman, I have a little more time on my schedule for you I guess."

As I laughed at his cheesy joke, we both fell back into a familiar and comfortable silence, simply enjoying each other's company.

Word count - 934 words

A/N - what's up loves! This is really just a fluff chapter so I hope you guys enjoyed it. ALSOOO, THANKS SO SO MUCH FOR ALMOST 100K READS WHAT THE HELLLL! I love you guys a bunch :) have a fantastic day/night guys. I'll try to start getting updates out more frequently like I did before. Stay safe!

OH YEAH, P.S. Sorry for anyone that I made feel overly single in this chapter. I feel you guys' pain