Chapter 9

There I was. Standing right next to Schlatt on the podium, staring out into the crowd. It was only the rightful place of the Vice President of L'manburg.

     There were collective gasps all around. In any other circumstance, I would be able to smile and chat happily with my friends.

     That was definitely not this circumstance though.

     I listen and watch as they all begin to shout at me, somehow managing to hear every word almost everyone said.

     "Annie... Why would you do this?" Tubbo yells, his voice cracking. His voice sounds betrayed.

     'It's just a role play.' I remind myself.

     "ANNIE YOU FUCKED UP. YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS AND DIDN'T EVEN TELL TUBBO AND I!" Tommy screams. His voice sounds angry.

     'It's just a role play.'

     "What the hell?! Why would you do this!" Fundy shouts. His voice sounded bothered.

     'It's just a role play.'

     And finally, was Niki. "Ann... How could you...." Her voice sounded hurt beyond measure.

     'Fuck it's hard to remember this is just a role play when all these people are amazing at acting, Jesus fuck...'

     When I make my character look at Wilbur, he avoids my gaze. My heart hurts. Even though it's all just a role play, I can't help but feel bad.

     Finally, when all their words begin to jumble together, I decide I need to do something, so I jump into character. "QUIET. ALL OF YOU. LET YOUR PRESIDENT SPEAK." I yell.

     Everyone quiets down except for Tommy.

     "WOMAN YOU HAVE NOTHING. YOU ONLY JUST JOINED THE SERVER. 1V1 ME RIGHT NOW."

     I laugh, adding some of the classic evil laugh into it. "Wanna put money where your mouth is pretty boy?"

     I heard him pause for a second and I pause too, realizing that I just called him pretty boy. I almost let out a laugh, breaking character, but I quickly turn off my mic and all they hear is a small ,"pfffff-." After I turn off my microphone, I laugh at myself.

     God, I really just called Tommy "Pretty Boy" in front of everyone. That was hilarious. I glance at my chat and they're all freaking out about it. They also claim that Tommy's face when I said that was priceless and he had turned slightly red.

     Finally, Tommy starts to say that he will, but Wilbur stops him.

     "Tommy, Schlatt said Dream appointed her. You really think he would leave her defenseless?" He says, flatly, looking up at me for the first time.

     I laugh. "Well observed Mr. Soot. I applaud you." I throw on my Netherite armor for only a moment, flashing the power I have, before taking it back off. "Now, I suggest you sit down and be quiet now, Tommy. Let your president speak."

     He had no more clever remarks.

     "Thanks kid," Schlatt says to me, throwing a glance in my direction, before addressing the rest of L'manburg. "You know what I said, the day I got unbanned from the DreamSMP, and the day I said I was running... an election that I won by the way? I said; 'Things are gonna change'. I looked every citizen of L'Manberg in the eyes and I said; 'You listen to me... this place will be a lot different tomorrow.' Let's start making it happen."

     I knew what was coming next and I had to brace myself for it. I even made my character turn away in-game for it.

     "My first decree, as the president of L'Manberg- the EMPEROR of this great country-! Is to REVOKE the citizenship of WilburSoot, and TommyInnit!"

     There's a gasp and a bunch of yelling. Schlatt's supporters and Dream's people began to go after Tommy and Wilbur as they run. I watch as Tubbo begins to follow Tommy and Wilbur and I run to where I can block him off from them.

     "Not so fast Tubbo. Schlatt would like to speak to you, so if you would return to the podium without any trouble, we'll be fine," I tell him.

     "I- uhh.. okay..." He says nervously as he begins to walk back.

     I hear Tommy call for Tubbo in the background. His voice sounded so hurt.

     Once we arrived back at the podium, Schlatt, who was talking to Quackity, turns his attention to Tubbo and I.

     He ended up appointing Tubbo as his right hand man before he ordered everyone to begin tearing down the walls. I was in charge of making sure everyone was working.

     Eventually, he noticed Niki wasn't working. "Hey. Anna or whatever your name is. Go talk to her. Get her to be useful."

     I nod in game, and walk over to Niki, sending a message telling her to go into VC 4 with me.

     I join the VC and she joins immediately after me.

     "Why aren't you doing as your president orders?" I ask her, keeping my voice flat.

     "He's not my president. Wilbur is my president."

     I sigh, "Schlatt won the election fair and square Niki. This is how it is now."

     She goes quiet for a while. I almost think she's giving me the silent treatment before she asks, "Why are you working with him..."

     "Dream appointed me. I can't refuse an order."

     "But what loyalty do you have to Dream? WE are your friends, and you betrayed all of us." Her voice holds some anger in it.

     I pause for a moment for dramatic effect.

     "Dream needed someone who could get the job done and offered me a great reward. I just so happened to meet the requirements and need the supplies."

     After that, Niki doesn't say anything else to me. She simply grabs her pickaxe and begins to help in tearing down the wall.

     After a little while longer, everyone finally begins to end their stream and I leave the server to have a moment with chat.

     "Alright guys, I know that was kind of an intense way to announce that I'm on the Dream SMP now, but I am! I hope you guys enjoyed the stream. Also! Remember, this is just a role play! We're all still friends and none of us actually hate each other."

     I finally end stream not long after that, feeling happy with my acting for the day.

     However, I can't help but find myself going to discord and scrolling to my messages with him, clicking on them, and then pressing the call button.

     Ring.... Ring..... Ring-

     "Yes woman? You need something?"

Word Count - 1078 words