Chapter 17

"No Schlatt. I won't do it."

There are a few gasps from the crowd and I see a few people even draw their weapons in my peripherals. I see Niki, who hasn't canonically spoken to me since Schlatt's inauguration, step forward and mutter my name, hope in her voice.

"Excuse me?" Schlatt questions, his voice seething.

I keep my eyes locked on him at all times. "I said no."

     "What the fuck do you mean no-"

     "I mean NO. Did I stutter Mr. President? Because last time I checked I was very clear in what I said." I take a step towards him in game, refusing to back down. "I have no problem being your Vice President. In fact, I don't have a fucking choice. But am I going to do all your dirty work for you? Abso-fucking-lutely not. ESPECIALLY if it's someone who has done more for this country than you ever have."

     A silence falls across everyone, and Schlatt takes a single step back from me. I see Tommy peering at me from the top of a nearby building with Wilbur a little bit behind him.

     Finally Quackity gets in between Schlatt and I and pushes us away from each other.

     "Uhm, Schlatt maybe we should just-" Quackity starts, but is cut off by Schlatt's maniacal laughter.

     "You stupid bitch. You really think you refusing to do it is going to stop me?" He takes a break to laugh again. "TECHNOBLADE. Get up here."

     "HeH?!" Techno questions, beginning to slowly make his way up there. "I uh... I don't believe I have anything to do with this."

     I can hear Schlatt's smile over the discord call. "Kill Tubbo for me. And take care of this other child while you're at it. She's useless to me-"

     Suddenly, Punz speaks up. "Schlatt, I am under direct orders from Dream to make sure nothing happens to Annie and that you don't replace her position."

     "Oh yeah? And what sort of significance does this child have to the plan Dream and I have discussed? She's merely an obstacle."

     "Dream said she needs to be alive. That is all I can say. If you attempt to take her out, I will have to not only contact Dream but also fight against you."

     Schlatt groans and looks at me. "You're lucky kid. I would have had you gone in the blink of an eye if Dream didn't need you."

     Technoblade shifts uncomfortably on the stage. "So... am I free to go orrrr?"

     "No. Tubbo was not a part of Dream and I's deal. You just cant kill Anaya."

     "THAT'S NOT MY-"

     "Shut up." Schlatt says, not even glancing at me.

     "Uhh.. can't I just like... give Tubbo a stern talking to or something?" Techno looks around him nervously, looking at every person individually.

     Schlatt sighs, "NO. Just kill him already! We don't have all fuckin day man!"

     Quackity begins to push me to where I don't see any of what's going on.