Chapter 13

No song for this chapter loves! Enjoy!

Alex's P.O.V

"Yes, Alex, yes. Just like that baby. Don't fuckin stop," Scar moaned as her eyes rolled backed.

"You're so fuckin tight, baby. So tight and wet for me," I said as I kissed her, drowning in her moans.

"I love you so much," I said as I looked into her dark brown eyes.

"I-

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

Fucking alarm clock.

As I got up and got ready for the day, the events of last night replayed in my head.

"We're nothing, Scarlett. I'm too dangerous for you," I replied. It was true, this is the kind of life you prefer. The kind of life you want for yourself. You get tossed into this bullshit because either you fucked up or it runs in the family. Once you're in, you're in. There's no getting out. I couldn't let my feelings for Scarlett, no matter what they were, trap her here. She deserved to be free. To live her life as she pleased. Without the possibility of someone taking her to get revenge on me.

"Bullshit, Alex. That's fuckin bullshit. You're trying to tell me that everything we've been through was nothing?" she asked as tears brimmed her eyes.

"Yes," I reluctantly breathed out. "Look, I know it's not what you wanna hear, but it is what it is. We're nothing, end of story," I said, sternly.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that.

Now is not the time for a fucking therapy session.

"You know what? Fuck you, Alex. Who gave you the fucking right to tell me what's dangerous for me?" she asked. And her words stung. But she was right. Fuck me. I'm no good for anyone. For anything. I don't deserve a girl like Scarlett.

"Scar-," I started.

"No. Fuck you, Alex," she replied as she ran up to our bedroom.

"Scar, c'mon. Don't be like that," I said as I chased after her.

Fuck she locked the door.

"Scar c'mon, open the door," I said as I banged on it, but she wouldn't give in and let me in. I never meant to hurt her, but I'm protecting her. Like I said, I was dangerous and I wasn't good enough for her. She deserved a Prince Charming that could give her the world and treat her right. Not the King of Hell who would only inevitably hurt her and make her feel like shit. Or worse, get her killed.

As I exited the spare room that wasn't too far from our bedroom, I head to the door and twist the knob.

Yep, still locked.

"Look, Scar. I know you're mad at me and shit, but I'm doing this to protect you. You're gonna have to come out eventually and talk to me and then we can carry on like civil human beings. Don't make this more complicated than it already has to be," I said. "I'll leave your breakfast outside the door in a few minutes. If you don't want to talk to me yet, fine, but please eat," I added.

"You. Look like shit," my cousin Tristan said.

"The fuck are you doing here?" I asked, not in the mood for him and his shit.

"What? I can't come pay my little cousin a visit. That's rough," he replied.

"What do you want? I don't exactly have the time or patience for your bullshit," I snapped.