Chapter 52

Kind of a long chapter but I hope you enjoy!

Don't forget to comment, vote, share a follow <3

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Sleep well, my handsome boy," I said as I kissed Axel on the forehead and placed him in his crib. Walking into Alex and my's bedroom, I grab my ringing phone from the nightstand.

"Hey, Dad," as I began folding Axel's laundry.

"Hey, honey. How are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, dad. I just put Axel down so I've finally gotten a chance to fold his laundry," I replied.

"That's great, honey. I was wondering if you and Alex would be able to come to dinner tonight? Jen and I think you two could use some time out of the house," he asked.

"I don't know, dad," I said reluctantly. "I don't really want to leave Axel with some random babysitter. I mean, what if something happens while we are out? I need to make sure he stays safe," I replied.

"Oh, honey, you're just like me when you were born. I was paranoid that something would happen to you too. You're going to go crazy if you stay locked up in that house for long though, honey. I'm sure the maids and guards will be able to handle a baby for a few hours," my father replied with a chuckle.

"I'd have to ask Alex. I'm sure he's b-,"

"Ask Alex what?" Alex asked as he entered the bedroom and kissed my cheek.

"Oh, hey," I said with a smile.

"Who are you on the phone with?" Alex asked.

"My dad. He wants us to go to dinner with him and Jen tonight," I replied.

"Can we bring Axel with us?" he asked.

"Dad, can we bring Axel with us?" I asked.

"Honey, a little separation will be good for you. Doesn't Alex have the best guards? Nothing will happen to little Axel," he replied with a chuckle.

"I just don't want to take any chances," I replied.

"I understand, honey. But this would mean a lot for Jen. Axel is a little over a month now and Jen really wants us to have this dinner together. Is there any way we could schedule it for tomorrow or the weekend?" my father asked.

"Does tomorrow or this weekend work for us?" I asked Alex.

"We can do tonight once I make the proper arrangements. I'll call Josiah and have him arrange a few guards to accompany us and inform Maria that she will be responsible for Axel while we're gone. What time and where does your father want to meet?" Alex asked.

"What time and where dad?" I asked.

"Marcucio's at seven-thirty. Does that work?" he asked.

"Marcucio's at seven-thirty," I told Alex.

"I'll make it happen," he replied.

"We'll see you then, dad," I said to my father.

"Wonderful, honey. We can't wait," he said. "I'll see you two later. Take care. I love you," he added.

"Love you too, dad," I said as I hung up.

"I really don't want to go out," I said to Alex as I placed my phone down onto the nightstand and continued to fold the laundry. "Why couldn't we do a dinner here? Where I know Axel would be safe," I added.

"I know, baby. But this seems really important to your dad and Jen since they were so persistent. Did you and Ax have a good day at least?" he asked as he took off his shirt. Abs for days, holy shit. "You're staring, love," he said with a chuckle.