Chapter 21

Scarlett's P.O.V

He didn't come back. I don't know why I expected he would. I don't know why I was so disappointed. I still couldn't walk. Hell, I couldn't even feel my legs. I couldn't feel anything below my waist. Part of me wishes I couldn't feel anything at all. I feel so useless. Restless. Helpless. It's at times like these where I would get up and pace around the room while I worked through my thoughts. And now, I couldn't even do that. All I could do was sit on this godforsaken bed and let my thoughts consume me.

I have this sick feeling that someone's been watching me. The nurses think I'm crazy. I'm one complaint away from being shipped off to the psych ward. So I'm left to spend time in the prison of my mind.

Why didn't he come back?

Is he hurt?

Dead?

Why the hell do I even care?

And where the fuck is Cade?

More importantly, how the fuck did Alex find me?

Why did-

"Hey,"

"Oh look who decided to show back up, how kind of you," I said with an eye roll.

"Look-," he started.

"Alex, just don't. I don't care what you have to say. I'm done waiting on you. I refuse to be some lovesick puppy that waits around for you, only for you to come around when you decide to remember my existence," I snapped.

Why the fuck did I feel like crying? You are a bad bitch, do not let this fucker see you're weak.

"You're not weak Scar," he said with a sigh as he sat down in the chair beside me.

Fuck, I said that out loud didn't I?

"Yes, you did," he replied with a chuckle.

"Whatever. Look, I don't need you. You don't need me. I have a boyfriend, so I think it's best if you leave," I replied, not daring to look at him.

"Yeah? And where is that pathetic excuse of a boyfriend you have? Because from what I've heard, he hasn't been here since last week," Alex said as he leaned back in his chair.

"The fuck? Are you stalking me now?" I asked.

"No love, I just have people watching you so that you don't slip away from me again," he said nonchalantly.

So I was being watched. I knew I wasn't crazy.

"That's literally fucking stalking. I should have you arrested," I replied.

"Baby girl, I own the police. Calling them would be a waste of both of our times," he said as I sighed, knowing he was right.

"Is it me or is it really hot in here?" I asked, taking the "Get Well Soon" card from off the table and fanning myself with it.

"Just you," Alex replied, a look of concern on his face as he feels my forehead. "Jesus Christ, you're burning up," his voice masking the panic I see buried in his eyes. "Here, drink this,"

The room is spilling awfully fast. There were two, no three, cups of water being shoved in front of my face.

"Why are there three of you?" I asked. He was talking, but I couldn't hear anything. My eyes couldn't focus on one solid thing no matter how hard I tried. Black spots dotted my vision. The lights somehow became brighter at the same time.

Three doctors.

Four doctors.

Too many doctors.

Alex's P.O.V

She seized. She fucking seized and all I could do was stand there with a cup of water in my head like a dumbass. I stood there helpless as I watched her body shake violently. I wanted to yell. To punch something. Anything. Like this doctor who clearly isn't doing his fucking job because she won't stop convulsing!

"Do you have any idea what you're doing?" I yelled as I threw the cup of water on the floor.

"Sir, if you're going to have a tantrum then I suggest you step outside while I do my job," the doctor replied as he pumped her full of drugs.

"Step outside? So you can continue to pump her body full of drugs?" I snapped as I made my way over to him. Grabbing him by the collar of his scrubs I lift him off the ground. "Do you know who the fuck I am?"

"Sir, I can assure you-," he started as he trembled.

"You're assurance means nothing when you're clearly incompetent and don't know what you're doing! I want a new doctor!" I shouted as I threw him to the floor, rushing to Scar's side.

"Scar! Scar, can you hear me? Sca-,"

But then everything went dark for me too.

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Ugh, where the fuck am I?" I groaned as I shielded my eyes from the blinding lights above me.

"Still the hospital, sweetie," Dr. Kingsley replied as she checked my vitals. As I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light, I see Alex knocked out in the chair beside me.

"How long was I out for? He looks like shit," I asked.

"Only a few hours. We had to sedate him because he wouldn't calm down during your seizure. He was getting a bit rough with Dr. Russell who now has a nasty cut across his forehead. Took seventy-five stitches to close it up," Dr. Kingsley responded.

"Yeah, sounds like him," I replied with a shrug as my stomach growled.

"I'll tell the nurses to get some food for you. We're not sure why you seized, so we'll be keeping you a bit longer than expected," She added. I was sure she saw the disappointment in my face as she added, "Ali, we'll figure this out," as she placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Will we? I may never walk again. Do you know what that's like? I just had a seizure and you don't know the reason for that either," I replied as a few tears fell.

"Ali, I know what you're going through is tough, but I promise you'll get through it," she replied.

"Has your ability to walk been taken away? Have you started seizing for no fucking reason at all? Were you in a car accident with your boyfriend who only gives a fuck about his precious truck and now won't even come to visit you?" I snapped.

"No-," she started.

"Yeah, I didn't think so. So don't tell me that you know, because you couldn't possibly know what I am going through," I seethed.

"Ali-," she started again, but I had enough.

"Just go. Please, just go," I replied defeated. I was in no mood to argue anymore. As she left, Alex stirred awake and looked at me.

"You look like shit," 

----

A/N:

Hi all! I took a little break but I am back! Thank you all for your love and support on this book as well as my other works, it is much appreciated and is the reason I keep writing. 

But, enough chitchat! Let's get on with the story. 

Don't forget to comment, vote, share, and follow!