Chapter 28

Scarlett's P.O.V

Day 1

"Cade I can't feel my legs!" I yelled.

"I don't care. Get the fuck up!" he yelled back at me. He had been forcing me to do exercises for four hours now and my legs had had enough.

"Why can't I go back to physical therapy? They know what they're doing. You, on the other hand, do not," I snapped. It was only day one, and I had had enough of this bullshit. Lord only knows what was yet to come.

"I just want you to get better," he said as his grip on me loosens.

"I know, but you can't overwork my body. This is a time-consuming thing. We take baby steps," I replied, sitting down on the bed.

"You're right, I'm sorry," he replied, giving me a kiss on the forehead. "We have leftover pizza in the fridge. I'll go heat that up for you so you can eat. My mom also sent over cookies this morning for you," he added.

"Thank you," I replied. When he left the room, I let go of a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. Six more days and I'll be able to get out of here. For the rest of the day, Cade didn't bother me much, except for when Alice showed up.

"Alice is here," he said, shaking me awake.

"Oh, okay. I'll be right out," I replied. Wheeling out of my bedroom, I see Alice sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Hey," I said with a small smile on my face.

"Hey!" she replied as she came over to me to give me a hug. "How are you? You kind of disappeared on me," she added with a pout.

"Yeah, about that. I'm really sorry I ditched you at the mall. I had gotten hungry and decided to get something to eat, then went and did a little shopping myself. I got carried away and lost track of time, completely forgetting about you. It won't happen again," I said, hoping that that was enough to satisfy both her and Cade.

"Is there anything else you'd like to tell her?" Cade asked me, a serious look on his face.

"Oh, right. Um, I think we should go shopping at the mall sometime soon, to make up for last time, yo know?" I added.

"Ali! That's a great idea! I accept your apology. How does tomorrow sound?" she asked.

"She's busy for the rest of the week, but next week you two can go out to the mall," Cade replied before I could.

"Sounds great! Thank you for setting this up, Cade. I, unfortunately, have to go now but I'll see you soon!" Alice chirped. Walking out the door, Cade deadbolts it again and turns toward me.

"Good job. There're more cookies on the counter if you want," he said, nodding over to the kitchen counter. Grabbing two off the plate, I head back to my room and eat in silence.

Should I risk messaging Alex?

No, you'll only get caught.

Day 2

Today was like any other day. Cade pushed me past my limits when it came to exercising, which resulted in me crying from pain for a good half an hour. Alice hadn't come by today, thankfully. But I was missing Alex like crazy. Time and time again my mind wandered off and wondered what he was doing. So badly I wanted to message or call him, but with Cade's constant patrolling, I knew that was out of the question.

Day 3

Pain. That's all I was in. Complete and constant pain. I felt like I was getting run over by that truck over and over and over again. No matter how much I pleaded with Cade, he wouldn't let me stop.

"Cade, can I at least take a break?" I asked.

"No. The harder you work now, the faster it'll pay off in the future," he replied.

Well, fuck me sideways.

Day 4

"Do you wanna cuddle and watch a movie?" he asked as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"What?" I asked, taken aback.

"I asked if you wanted to watch a movie," he repeated.

"Oh. yeah, sure," I replied with a smile.

"Great," he replied. Picking me up bridal style, he brings me to the couch and puts a movie on. Holding me close to him, I feel him relax.

It seems we are starting to make progress.

Day 5

Well, fuck progress.

Cade slammed the door shut and walked out with my keys, wallet, and phone, just to "make sure you don't try leaving" he said.

I needed to get out. Now. Wheeling my way toward the door, I grabbed the broom to undo the deadbolt. After what seemed like an eternity, I was finally able to undo the hook. Throwing the door open, I race down the hallway and frantically push the elevator button.

"C'mon. C'mon. I gotta go, I gotta go," I said to myself. I didn't have the phone or the credit card on me, but it was too late to go back for it now. I'll find a way to call Alex later, my priority right now was getting out of this building.

As the elevator doors finally opened, I let out a breath of relief as I wheeled my way inside. I was finally getting out. Pushing the button to the lobby, I smile to myself at my newfound freedom. Freedom that only lasted a few seconds. Because as soon as those elevator doors opened, I came face to face with Cade.

Shit.

Day 6

"Do you enjoy making my life a living hell? I can't even leave you in your apartment alone without risking you leaving. What could you possibly need to leave for?" he yelled. "Now look what you made me do," he added with a sigh.

"Baby, you know I don't wanna lock you up like this, but it's the only way. You'll come to understand," he said, making sure the restraints were tight.

"So you're just going to restrain my wheelchair to a radiator and leave?" I snapped as he was walking out the door. "I'm not a fucking animal! You can't do this!" I screamed.

Stopping in his tracks and turning on his heels, he comes towards me and roughly grabs my chin so I could look at him. "I love you. So everything I do is for your own good. Now stop pissing me off," he seethed as he let go of me roughy.

"Some type of love this is," I muttered as he left. I tried to fidget with the lock but there was no use. I was stuck. So, I resorted to the next best, and painful, thing.

Forcing myself out of my chair, I use the nightstand table for support to help me stand. Leaning against the wall for support, I slowly walk towards my bedroom door and unlock it. I should call Alex, but I need to make sure Cade's car is gone for sure. I can't risk running into him again. Walking across the living room to the window that looks down on Cade's car, I make my way over and sigh in relief as I make it without falling. But what do you know? As soon as I look out the window to see if his car is still there, there he is staring right back up at me.

Fucking shit.

Day 7

I was currently once again restrained.

Except this time, to my bed, so Cade could leave for work with my wheelchair in the back of his trunk.

"And what happens when I need to use the bathroom, Einstein?" I asked. "Or need to eat something?" I added.

"Hold it. I don't care. Wait till I get home and then you can eat," he snapped, making sure the restraints were tight.

"Cade, this is fucking inhumane," I said, tugging on the restraints.

"Maybe next time, you won't try leaving without permission. You caused this on yourself. So shut the fuck up and deal with it," he replied. Grabbing his coat, he walked out the door, locking it behind him. When I heard the deadbolt click, the fucker got one he could control with his phone, I knew I was doomed.

Please come for me soon, Alex.