Chapter 49

Alex's P.O.V

"Tell me where he is!" I snapped as he cried out in pain. It had been two months. Two months of torturing this poor excuse of a man with no information being given.

"I-I don't know," he replied as his head hung low, blood dripping from his mouth.

"You don't know? He's your golden child! The leader of the empire you attempted to build and you don't know? I don't believe that," I said as I stabbed him in the arm, causing him to wail in pain.

"M-my son has lost his way! Please, I don't know anything!" he cried.

"Lost his way? Is it not you who taught him? Who brought him up? Teaching him that it was right to take girls against their will and traffic them? You had auctions for the girls you so carelessly sold," I seethed as I dragged the blade through his skin. "You made a carbon copy of yourself!" I snapped.

"I-I-I-,"

"Tell me, who is this woman at the flower shop in your name? Is she the one that helped him drug her while they were together? Has your precious wife come back from the dead?" I asked as I pulled the knife out.

"M-my wife has been dead a long time now," he strained as he coughed up blood.

"Ah, yes. Exactly what my men told me when they dug her body up from her grave," I replied.

"You-you what? You couldn't let her rest in peace?" he asked as I witnessed a tear roll down his cheek. Pathetic.

"I needed information. It seems your son is missing his mommy if he has someone pretending to be her," I snapped as I grabbed a fistful of his hair. "Where is she?" I asked as I held the knife to his throat.

"I won't betray my son," he replied. "So why don't you just kill me?" he asked.

"Killing you would be letting you off easy, and I'm not finished with you just yet," I snapped as I let him go.

"Any luck, cousin?" Dante asked.

"No. You?" I asked as I cleaned off my knife.

"I'm afraid not. Shall we trade?" he asked.

"With pleasure," I replied. "Good luck, make him talk," I added as I walked out the door, listening to Mikolaj's screams echoing through the halls.

"I hear you're not talking," I said as Federico chuckled. "Is this some kind of joke to you?" I asked as I stepped closer to him as he continued to laugh.

"It's pathetic to see you so weak," he responded.

"You were my father's second in command and then mine when I took over. How could you betray us like that?" I asked as I looked him up and down. "I asked a question!" I bellowed as he didn't answer. "Answer me, you son of a bitch," I said as I held the knife to his throat. "Why did you do all those things to her? You fucking raped her!" I snapped.

"It served the whore right. She wa-," he started but screamed out in pain as I grabbed his hand, cutting off one of his fingers.

"Don't you dare fucking call her that," I snapped.

"I'll tell you what I told her," he said with bated breath. "She is a distraction to you. She made you soft. Weak. Before her you were strong and ruthless, not caring who got hurt to get what you want. And now? Now you're chasing after some pathetic girl that got used like the toy she is," he replied with a laugh.

"Do not disrespect her!" I snapped as I punched him in the face.

"God, you should-you should have felt how tight she was when I shoved my-"