Happy New Year!! (Fran Kirby and Maren Mjelde)

Hello, everyone, I hope you will enjoy this new chapter to mark the end of the year (finally!)

It was getting closer and closer to midnight and Fran Kirby was watching the party from the kitchen with Simba her dog. It was new year's eve in the house that she owned with her teammate Maren Mjelde. Now, Fran had a hard time with injuries and setbacks but this year has been different because not only has she had a tough time because of lockdown but because she's developed something, something she can't control.

Now, it's not a secret that Fran is on the gay spectrum but she can't handle this anymore, she has to tell her. She has to tell her she likes her. Look, she's been through so much to get where she is but she can't say this one thing, this one thing that might jeopardise their friendship. Maren is a pretty woman, she is beautiful and obviously, Fran can see that but she just she doesn't want to tell her because she's afraid of losing their friendship. Now here she was in a room full of her Chelsea teammates, drinking the night away before the new year starts and what is she doing? Nothing, that's the thing she's doing nothing and she doesn't know why she can't say anything. Maren is talking to the teammates, drinking, laughing and having a good time.

Fran is trying not to stare at her, trying not to be too obvious. But she fails due to certain defender spotting her from a distance. Maren smiles at her and Fran didn't know what to do. She started to go red in the face And gave her a loop sided smile in return. Maren let out a tiny laugh. Fran fully smiled in return. Maren was so pretty and she didn't know what she did to make the forward so flustered. This caught the eye of Beth England. Beth smirked in Fran's direction and walked towards the small forward.

"Hey friend, you've gone a bit red there haven't you. I think you need to go and talk to Maren by the end of the year" Beth said.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Fran said. Beth scoffed

"Oh please, I can see it from a mile away. Tell me you don't have any feelings for miss Mjelde do you not?" Beth said. All of a sudden Fran went shy at the words that are spoken

"Okay maybe I do sorta, kinda have a crush on her that I can't tell her because obviously we live together and that would be a bit weird and I'm just rambling on now aren't I" Fran said in one breath.

"Yo, Fran, chill. There's nothing wrong with it, actually I think you'd make a pretty awesome couple if I'm going to be honest with you" Beth nudged her with her shoulder.

"But what if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm creepy afterwards and weird. What if I put her off. I don't want her to think I'm some sort of lunatic that has a crush on her, I just don't want to tell her in case she may get the wrong idea and may not feel the same way" Fran was looking down at her hands and sighed "I don't know what to do" Beth tapped her on the arm to grab her attention.

"You don't know unless you try. You'll never find out if you don't ask her, trust me I know a lot about women and their mysterious ways and their charms" Fran laughs.

"Yeah, like you can keep one" Fran joked, Beth pushed her playfully.

"Hey, that was low man" Beth said but started to laugh with the brunette. Fran once again caught Maren's glaze and smiled. Maren placed her drink down and slowly made her way over to the English players. Fran internally was having a gay panic. She was coming over and Fran's heart knows and it sped up.

"Good evening Miss Maren and how are thee tonight?" Beth smiled. Maren looked her and smiled.

"I feel great, the party is going great" she replied. Fran and the Norwegian eyes connected, with that it was Beth's cue to leave.

"Imma go over there and speak with the Scandinavian gays. I bid adieu" she said, bowing before walking away to Magdalena and Pernille. Fran and Maren looked at one another before bursting into laughter.

"Where did Laura find that one?" Fran said. Maren shook her head before turning back to Fran.

"So, how is your night going so far?" Maren asked. Fran felt her palms sweat up.

"G-good" she stuttered. Maren leaned in closer to Fran.

"I think Erin has had enough to drink, if she drinks anymore I think she will the turn into Braveheart or something" she whispered into Frans's ear. Fran's face warmed up at the close contact.

"Y-yeah, I totally agree. Maybe we need to stop her" Fran said. They looked into the direction of the Scottish lass. Erin was this close from getting onto the table but was stopped by Magdalena, Erin pouted and sighed.

"Why won't you let me do anything fun!?" Erin said.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself" Magdalena replied, putting the Scottish lass down.

"Yous never let me do anything fun, yous are boring" she said, pouting. The girls who are watching laugh at the commotion. Fran chuckled and caught Maren's eyes again. She quickly shuts up and looked down, biting her lip. Maren smirked at her before grabbing her hand.

"Fran, I've been meaning to talk to you but I haven't had the chance to. I need to tell you something, something important" she started. Fran looked towards Maren and looked into her eyes.

"Me too" she said "you first" she said. Maren tightened her grip on Fran's hand, the forward returned the gesture.

"Fran there was been something I have been needing to tell you and I don't know how to say it. It's been killing me to hide it. I mean we live together and I don't want anything going wrong, I don't want this to get in the way of that, I don't want you to feel creeped out and scared and weird by what I'm about to say. Fran I think I like you as more than a friend"

10!

Fran looked perplexed "Wait really?"

9!

Maren nods, Fran started to smile at the revelation.

8!

"I like you more than a friend too. I haven't told you because I got so scared it might have ruined something between us"

7!

Maren grinned hard and pulled the woman closer to her.

6!

"So does this mean I can ask you this-" she was interrupted.

5!

"Will you be my girlfriend?" she finished.

4!

Fran beamed at the Norwegian.

3!

"Yes! I would love that!" she said.

2!

Maren smiled putting her arms around her waist.

1!

Fran leaned up and kissed the defender. Unknowing to the cheering and applaud around them.

"happy fucking new year!" Beth shouted. Erin giggled and them ran do the bathroom, too much alcohol in her system.

But they didn't care about what is happening in the background, all they cared about was this kiss and each other.

The end

Yay, it's new years eve! I hope you all enjoyed reading this short chapter but it's better than nothing. What are your new year's resolution for next year and did you complete those you set for this year?

I want to know what is something you accomplished this year? Mine was coming out to my mom!!!

I hope you all are safe and had a wonderful Christmas/holiday break. I'll see you next year!