Runaway Bride (Presston)

Julie Johnston stood there dumbfounded.

"What, your leaving?" Julie said, eyebrows furrowed. Christen Press looked at her sorrowful look and sighed.

"Yeah, I am. If I can't play for a team I want to play for then why bother playing for the league?" The Chicago Red Stars captain said.

"What about the team? Your home?" Julie looked into Christen's eyes before continuing. "What about me? Don't I mean anything to you?" Julie held onto Christen's hand. Christen look at their hands and ripped hers away.

"No, you don't get to do this Julie, you're getting married. I do love you but, this is not fair on Zach" Christen looked Julie in the eyes. "We can't do this, I'm sorry Julie. I'll see you around I guess" Christen looked back one time before leaving Julie on her own.

The pure sadness in Julie's expression planted into Christen's brain. Christen didn't know what to think of this. The blonde looked down to her engagement ring, dropped her shoulders and left out a small huff of defeat.

'Why am I marrying him? Oh, that's right, because of my homophobic parents. This girl gives me all her love and what do I do with it? I just let her go. I'm marrying a guy who is more of a best friend than a husband, nice one Julie' Julie thought. Christen left and there is nothing Julie can do about it.

Christen sighs. 'What am I doing? The NWSL does not earn my loyalty since they don't respect my choices. Oh well, it's their loss' Christen thought, she grabbed her bags and walked to her car. Julie walked out of their house.

"Where are you going to go?" Julie's voice cracked. Christen put her bags into the car and turned to look at Julie. She walked up to the blonde and looked her in the eyes. She looked at the dull blue eyes and realised this is her least favourite blue she's seen in her eyes.

"Don't worry about me, just focus on your wedding, okay?" Christen said. Julie bit her lip and slowly nodded her head. Julie's eyes start to water.

"I'll miss you," Julie said barely above a whisper. Tears Slowly sliding down her cheeks. Christen smiled slightly.

"I'll miss you too. Besides, I'll see you real soon for national team call up" Christen said, wiping her thumb over Julie's cheek, freeing it from tears.

"What if I don't get called up?" Julie said. Christen chuckled.

"Don't worry, you will" Christen reassured her, rubbing her thumb over her pale skin. Julie leaned into the touch. Christen leaned in and kissed Julie on the cheek. The brunette smiled and walked towards her car.

"Goodbye Julie" "Bye Christen" Christen got onto the car and drove off. She hid her emotion so well in front of Julie that she didn't notice tears spill down her cheeks.

Göteborg here she comes.

Julie was routed to the spot, still feeling the heated area where Christen's lips were just upon her cheek. That was it, Christen was gone. Christen left her, she left her on her own. Julie was beyond sad but, that's what this sport is all about. playing in a club and getting transferred to different clubs over the world. Julie was worried about the Red Stars since they relied on Christen but, there is nothing she can do about that one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christen puts down her bags and lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Here she was, in Sweden. the frosty, cold air spiked her lungs.

"God morgon" (good morning) Christen turned to the voice to see her new captain, Beata Kollmats.

"God morgon" Christen replied. Christen knows Swedish from going to Sweden to play before.

"trevligt att se dig igen" (Nice to see you again) Beata said before the girls meet one another for a hug.

"Ja, du med" (Yeah, you too) Christen replied. The girls pull back.