It's All Over (Kyanna)

She missed, Alanna Kennedy missed the penalty kick that would secure the Aussie’s a place in the semi-finals of the world cup. At this moment her world came crashing down onto her, it was over, and it was her fault. Tears began rolling down her cheeks. She let down her country, her family, friends, team, career and her girlfriend.

Alanna collapsed onto her knees, she put her hands over her face. Alanna soon felt the girls pat her on the back
"she'll be alright" she heard Lydia say.
“no, it won't be okay. I fucked up" Alanna replied. Warm arms made their way around Alanna's body, she knew this was Kyah.
"It's not your fault. We did our best, but it wasn't enough to beat England. We failed as a team, don't blame yourself. Please don't" Kyah said. Alanna nods but Kyah does not look confident. Kyah held onto Alanna's hands.
"look at me beautiful" Alanna followed Kyah's wishes. "Don't blame yourself" Alanna smiled, she still felt guilty.

The girls were in the changing room, you could hear a pin drop. Once the girls were dressed their coach, Alan came storming in.
"What the fuck was that ladies? This team is so out of it. Williams, your saves were sloppy. Polkinghorne, your line of defence was weak and that last penalty by Kennedy was shocking. This team needs to get its priorities straight before you can call this a team" Alan was mad, nobody had seen him this red before. Kyah stud up.
"It was just a few mistakes Alan-"
"Yeah, a few mistakes that cost us the world cup! You can't say nothing, your midfielding was terrible"
Alanna's head popped up from looking down at the floor
"Excuse me?"
"Alanna just leave it" Kyah pleaded.
"Let me do this please love" she said to Kyah. Kyah nods. Alanna redirected herself towards Alan, she stud up and glared.
"You don't get to speak to us like shit. You talk to us like we're fucking dirt or something. You always do! You never give us any positive advice or anything nice to work on. I'm sick of being forced around by such an-"
"Then quit, I don't care. the team will be better off without your lesbian ass on it" he shouted into Alanna's face. Most of the girl stud up.
"Hey, don't talk to her like that!" Sam Kerr said.
"What did she ever say to you for that homophobic slur?" Steph Cayley said. "She's fucking garbage, she's going to hell for sinning with girls" Alan said. The girls scoff. Mackenzie Arnold stud up.
"What did you just say?" she asked him. He snorted.
"What are you doing to do ey? " he nudged Mackenzie. This started the rest of the girls to have a go at him. Alan was pissed off.
"You know what, I fucking quit. These girls are fucking troppo. I'm done!" Alan left the girls.
Emily's dad walked into the room.
"what's going on here!?" he yelled.
"Dad, he had a go at us. Alanna backed us up and then he insulted her. We had to back her up. His homophobic ass just insulted most of the team" Emily explained. She put her hand through her hair.
"I’m sure there is something I can do to help you girls. I’m sorry you had to go through that. If you file a report of what he said, then we can do something” Emily’s dad said.
“I'm just ready to go back to the NWSL" Lydia said, most of the girls agreed. "Let's get ready girls, we don't want to be late going back to the hotel" Katrina Gorry said. Alanna just sat there, it's her fault that they don't have a coach.

Mackenzie sat next to Alanna.
"Hey, you okay?" Alanna looked at her and shook her head.
"No, we lost it all because of me. We lost the match, lost our coach, lost our hopes, lost our hopes of winning the world cup. It's all my fucking fault" Alanna said. Mackenzie pulled Alanna into a hug.
"Stop blaming yourself" Mackenzie said. Kyah looked at the two and sat on the opposite side of Alanna.
"Babe, please stop blaming yourself" Alanna looked at her
"But it is my-"
"No, it is not! Why are you being so harsh on yourself? Why are you being so fucking depressing!?" most of the girls were looking in their direction.
"Maybe I am depressed. Maybe I am overreacting. Maybe, but life is a bitch and I can’t get through it. My life is toxic and so is our relationship" Alanna stud up. "What are you trying to say?" Kyah stud up and held Alanna's hand.
"I'm fucking done with this, all of this!" Alanna ripped her hand away from Kyah's and started to gather all her stuff. She took one last time to look at Kyah and then stormed away.

Alanna went to the bus and sat down at the back, on the left. It wasn't long before the girls pile into the bus. Kyah looked over at Alanna to see her staring at her. Alanna looked away and into the darkness. She wiped away a few stray tears that slipped out. She soon fell asleep to the movement of the bus.

"Alanna, wake up!" Alanna moaned. She moved on the bed. 'Bed, I thought I was on the bus she thought.
"Morning babe" Kyah said. 'I thought we had an argument?' Alanna thought. She was so confused.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Kyah said, straddling Alanna's hips.
"I thought we had an argument?" Kyah gave her girlfriend a confused look. "When?" she asked.
"Yesterday, when we lost the world cup quarter finals" Kyah chucked.
"Lani, the game is this arvo. Did you hit your head or something?" Kyah leaned down onto Alanna's body. Alanna held her, liking the contact the girls made.
"I thought- uh- But we lost because I missed the penalty kick" Kyah loosed into blue eyes.
"You must have had a crazy dream" Alanna sighs.
"What else happened in this dream of yours?" Kyah asked.
"I got angry at Alan. He was saying such harsh words about our team, he quit the team and I broke up with you. Why did that dream seem so real?" Alanna said.
"That dream really is crazy" Kyah said
"It was only just a dream?" Alanna asked, trying to convince herself than ask Kyah.
"It was only just a dream" Kyah said. Alanna smiled.
"What are we waiting for, let's go!" Alanna said. Kyah laughed. She kissed Alanna before getting off her.

Alanna breathed. This was it, the last penalty kick and it was her go. She had looked straight at the British goalkeeper to Kyah, who gives her an encouraging smile. The ref blew the whistle. Alanna kicked it. That was it. The stadium fell like it all went quiet, it was as though it was just her on her own. Alanna was lifted into the air by her teammates. She did it, they were going to be in the semi-finals. The girls put Alanna down. They just made history

"See it was only just a dream" Kyah said. Alanna smiled, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend. Kyah smiled and put hers around Alanna's neck.
"What about the cameras?" Kyah asked. Alanna looked into her eyes and shrugs.
"Fuck the cameras. I want the world to know that you are my girl" the two connect their lips into a passionate kiss. They heard laughter next to them. "Girls, stop pashing" the girls disconnected their lips to see Mackenzie next to them.
"we know you want some too. Maybe someone in the audience can help with that" Kyah said, pointing to the stands. Mackenzie smiled and saw her own girlfriend.
"C'ya" she winked and left to go to Carson. Alanna and Kyah laughed.
"She's crazy" Kyah said.
"Fair Dinkum" the girls laugh again. They head towards the lockers.