Welcome Home, My Love (Lucy & Keira)

It was a cold night in Lyon. Pre-season had just begun, and Lucy felt more in shape and prepared than before, you want to know why? She's been keeping a little secret inside that only Lucy Staniforth, Steph Houghton and Jill Scott know. She has a burning desire to tell but her lips won't coherent the words.

Currently, she was boarding a plane from Lyon to the US to compete in the International Champions Cup. Lucy was excited, not only to go to the States but to potentially play against Keira, her girlfriend. She loved her but to compete again her would be a rare opportunity that she could not miss out on.

Lucy walked away from grabbing her luggage and looked out from afar to see her, there she was. Lucy dropped her bags and waited with open arms for the brunette she calls her girlfriend to jump into her arms.

"You're here, I've missed you" Keira said. Lucy gave her a small smile before putting down the small woman.

"We saw each other last month" Lucy said, wrapping her arms tighter around the smaller woman's waist.

"So? Can't I miss you?" Keira said. Lucy let out a small chuckle.

"Of course, not dear. I've missed you too" she said before leaning in to capture her lips with her own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, Lyon won against Madrid. Currently, Lucy was cheering Keira and Man City on. Unfortunately, North Carolina won. Keira walked towards Lucy who wrapped her arms around her girl.

"That was a great game" Lucy said, kissing the side of the midfielder's head.

"Yeah right, I sucked" Keira huffed, Lucy chuckled. She looked into Keira's eyes and smiled.

"You may think that because you lost but, you did great love, I promise" Lucy said.

"Come on. Let's get out of here" Keira said, grabbing Lucy's hand and walked off of the pitch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy looked at her teammates and took a deep breath. Here she was standing in front of the Lyon girls about to say something that could affect not only her but also the team. So, no wonder why she was a bag of nerves.

"Hi guys, thanks for being here. There is something that I would like to say" Lucy pauses. "This may be hard for not only me but also you girls. I have decided to go back home to Manchester at the end of this season, I know we were only just about to start the season but I have had to think hard and long about what I am doing, I'm going back to play for Manchester City at the start of next year's WSL season."

Lucy took a deep breath and continued. "I felt as though it would only be fair to stay for one more year. It has been an honour to play for Lyon and beside you girls and I will miss France, but after this season I feel as though home is calling me to return. Thanks for everything girls, I will miss you all" Lucy said trying not to let tears fall from her eyes, but that was impossible when she saw the looks and the tears in her teammates' faces. The girls all surround the Brit and pulled her into a massive hug.

"You have been an amazing player to play with. We should be thanking you" Shanice said. Lucy wrapped her arms around the Dutch player.

"Have fun with the next chapter of your life, now let's go beat some American ass!" Ada said, they all cheer. You bet they beat their asses, they thrashed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keira had just played had last game for the WSL this year and unfortunately, Man City lost the League Cup to Arsenal which disgruntled Keira a bit.