I'll Wait For You (Macson)

Carson Pickett was crying. She looked at the laptop laid in front of her, pictures and videos of her and Mackenzie Arnold. She missed Mackenzie. She hasn't seen her for a month and a half due to Mackenzie playing football in Norway. So here she was crying, wishing for Mackenzie to be in Orlando right next to her.
There was a knock on the door. Carson wiped her eyes with her hand.

"Who is it?" she said, trying to keep the fact that she had been crying.

"Alanna, let me in" Alanna Kennedy is Macca's best friend, who she plays with on the Matildas.

"Door is open" Carson replied. Alanna came in just as Carson closed her laptop.

"Hey" Carson said. She scratches her arm with her hand. Alanna looked at her and saw the look in her eyes.

"What's up?" Alanna asked. Carson sighs.

"How do you do it?" she asked. Alanna raised an eyebrow.

"Do what?" Alanna asked.

"This whole relationship, long distance I mean. You’re lucky, Kyah plays in the same country as you, also the national team" Carson said, looking down at her hand. Alanna slightly smiles and sat down next to Carson on the bed.

"Trust me, it's hard. Yeah, we may be on the national team together but remember, she plays for Houston. I miss her all the time, but I still call her, text her, facetime her. do whatever I can do to see her beautiful face" Carson smiled at Alanna.

"you'll get to see her this Saturday for our game against Houston. Macca is still in Norway, hopefully keeping those balls away from the goal" Carson said. Alanna looks Carson in the eyes.

"Macca misses you so much too. You spent so much time together in Brisbane that she misses the warmth by her side. You make Macca happier that I have seen her before" Alanna said. 'I know she does, she tells me every time we facetime' Carson thought.
Alanna got up

"The girls were wondering if you would like to join us to get something to eat?" Alanna asked.

"Yeah, I wasn't really doing much anyways" Carson got off her bed and grabbed her phone and purse. The girls went out of Carson's room and out of their apartment. They saw a few of the Pride girls waiting for them outside of the apartment block. Alex Morgan looked at the girls and smiled.

"Hey girls" Alex said.

"Hey" they replied simultaneously. Alex looked at Carson and noticed the red around her eyes. 'Has she been crying?' Alex thought. Alex left it till she, Alanna and Carson were behind all the girls who are talking to one another.

"Carson" Alex said after the girls stopped talking. The girls in front too busy in their own conversations to care.

"Yeah?" Carson looked at her.

"I don't want to be nosy but, have you been crying?" the captain asked the girl.

"Well, yeah I have. Just missing Mackenzie that's all" Alex gave Carson a pat on her shoulder.

"It's okay to cry. I was a mess when I was away from Serv but, I got over it since I knew we were going to be together again. Now we both play in Orlando" Alex said. Alanna and Carson smiled.

"I suppose your right" Carson said, Alanna put her arm around Carson's shoulders as they enter the restaurant.
Carson and Alanna made their way back home and flopped down on the sofa. Carson wanted to call Mackenzie, but she knew it was late in Norway. She sighed and scratches her arm with her hand. Carson smiled at her arm. When Carson was starting out in the NWSL she was terrified. She thought of playing professional football with one hand wasn't known. She thought hard and long about it, she didn't let herself having a disability ruin her dreams of playing football. When she was introduced to Mackenzie (by Alanna) in the 2017 season she was feeling self-conscious since she knew this girl was going to be an important part of her life. Mackenzie didn't care about her disability, she loves Carson. That's one of the reasons why Carson loved her, she was so caring and had such a big heart.