I Love You (Fran Kirby and Maren Mjelde)

"From White, To Kirby, Hemp. Back to Kirby. Blocked by Northern Ireland. Goal by Kirby! Goal near the top right corner, excellent goal by Fran Kirby. surely England will be on top with two-nil so far. The only team so far in the competition with a clean sheet" At the end of the match England won five-nil. After congratulating Northern Ireland on their first ever competitive tournament. They socialise with the fans, friends and their families. They make their way into the changing rooms all pumped with excitement. From chanting and cheering with the team. Her phone buzzed with a text from her girlfriend, Maren Mjelde. 'Well done, min kjærlighet stolt av deg' Fran smiled at the sweet words that were used. Fran video called her girlfriend; who picked up quickly. It's saddened her to see the Norwegian so upset, eyes red through all of her tears.

"Hey baby. I'm sorry about the loss" Fran said, Maren gave her a slight smile.

"They were the better team. But enough about me, I'm so proud of you baby. That was a great goal" Maren said making Fran blush. Millie Bright saw her and run up to Fran, smiling at the fellow defender.

"Maren what's up? Sorry about Austria mate" giving the Norwegian a sad smile.

"it's okay. We can regroup and learn tactically from all of this" she said reassuring her fellow defender. Fran smiled her. Continuing the conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spain was a great opponent. It was 1-1 in the end. It was full on and went on for extra time before Georgia Stanway scored the winning goal, making it 2-1 to England. Fran was over the moon with the win against such a team like Spain who are built like a brick wall. They were in the semi-finals. After congratulating the Spanish on how well they did (some were not as cooperative) she saw her girlfriend in the crowd. Smiling down at the small forward. Fran went to her and kissed her. Maren smiled at the sweaty woman.

"Semi-finalist! Proud of you Kjæreste. I'm so happy for you" Fran kissed her cheek.

"Maren, don't keep her for yourself!" Fran looked to her left and saw Guro Reiten standing with her former Chelsea teammate Maria Thorisdottir. She hugged the Norwegians. "Dude, that was great. Well done" Guro said. Fran smiled.

"Yeah, that was a great game. I'm just so happy we got through" she replied. Maren held her hand and squeezed it. She was proud of her girlfriend and will support her all the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The game against Sweden was something different. Fran was full of confidence when she made her way onto the pitch with the team. Staring into the crowd to see her family and friends as well as her teammates family and friends. Who she focuses on was Maren who gave her a blinding smile and a thumbs up. Fran smiled at her and got ready for the game. She was so proud of herself for getting this far. Within the 34th minute Beth Mead scored an amazing goal. By half time is over the team have gained more confidence, Lucy Bronze scored a cracking header. Then a cheeky snub of a goal from fresh legs Alessia Russo; nutmegging the goalkeeper who wasn't expecting it. Fran made her way across the Swedish half with two defenders' chasing her. She kicked it just outside the box and there it was, her goal that Lindahl just tipped her fingers on. Teammates congratulating her as she looked around in disbelief as the goal went in. She slid on her knees, looking at Maren with a mega watt smile. Not long after the goal she was taken off with a roar of cheers. Ella Toone to replace her.

She waited for the time to run out. They had done it; England are in the finals of the 2022 Euro's. Fran was extremely pleased with herself and the team that she didn't know what to do. Hugs and crying were seen all over the pitch. She hugged a few of her England teammates until she saw Magdalena Eriksson crying not too far away. She walked up and offered a hug which the Swede didn't object. She pulled the tall defender into her and soothes her with words.

"Hey, you played a great tournament. Proud of you Magda" she said wiping the Chelsea captain's tears away with her thumb. Magda laughed and cried harder.