Blame It On The Alcohol (Dewis)

“Who was that Kristie?” Rachel Daly asked. Kristie Mewis’s head was pounding. She put her hand to her temples, trying to stop the swelling feeling.

“What?” Kristie asked, confused. Rachel folded her arms on her chest.

“The girl who just came out of your room?” Rachel said in a matter of fact tone. Rachel was angry at her girlfriend. “I came home from work to see you with another girl?” Rachel continued. Kristie let out a laugh.

“Oh Rachel, it’s not at all what you think babe. The girl, yeah that’s Steph, my best friend. You know, the one from Boston?” Kristie explained. Rachel raised her eyebrows before nodding her head.

“oh yeah, I remember you telling me that she was going to be visiting, how long will she be?” Rachel asked.

“2 weeks that’s all” Kristie said. Rachel believed her. She put her arms around Kristie and leaned her head on her chest.

“anyways, good afternoon love. I’ve missed you” Rachel said, this put a smile on Kristie’s face.

“I’ve missed you too” she leaned into Rachel and missed her. Stephanie McCaffrey’s walked into the room and saw the two girls, she frowned at the sight, sadness in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Happy Birthday babe!” Rachel said to Kristie. Kristie smiled at the Brit. She looked at the bag on the table.

“Thanks, love” Kristie said. Rachel kissed Kristie on the side of her head. Steph looked on in hope that one day, she will find someone who looks at her the way Rachel looks at Kristie.

The girls were out celebrating Kristie’s birthday. A small restaurant, Rachel surprised Kristie with little things like this. Kristie loved Rachel when she does things like this, Steph only wished someone made her feel special, never had she has little things like this from someone she loved. It showed Steph just how much Rachel really loved Kristie.

Out of all the of them, only Rachel was sober. I mean, who would get the other two home safely? Rachel was their hero for the night. Everything was running smoothly until Kristie got too drunk. As much as Rachel loved Kristie, she hated drunk Kristie, drunk Kristie was clingy. Who would have thought a drunk Steph is a weepy Steph? Rachel found this hilarious.

“I only wanted chicken nuggets, but my ma said no! how can you deny a girl chicken nuggets. Worst day ever” Steph sobbed.

“That was only last Wednesday Steph. It wasn’t that bad” Kristie said, laughing.

“It’s not funny Mewis, I really wanted those chicken nuggets!” Steph sobbed more. Rachel sniffled a laugh. “Why are you two so mean to me?” Steph pouted, this made Kristie laugh even more.

“I’m sorry I can’t control it. It’s just so funny” Kristie said, Rachel put an arm around Kristie, the woman leaned into the touch.

“Babe, I think we sould stop making fun of Steph now, okay?” Rachel said. The girl nods sloppily

“Okay, but only for you my love” Kristie said, Steph frowned.

“I’m going to use the bathroom” she said before hazardously walked away from the couple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~