23

Elli's POV

Elli's POV

It's the next day.

I take a deep breath in and let it out slowly as my curly brown hair is let loose in the wind. It's flying in every direction. It's a feeling of being free; the one where you know you're not bound to everything. You're not bound to the earth or to do anything you don't want to do. You're just free.

The cold wind is hitting my face, sliding along my whole body. Everything that can be heard is what belongs to a normal day in a neighbourhood. Neighbours, friends, talking to one another, spending, and enjoying their day together.

Friendships between neighbours are the best. They are like family even though medically speaking they are not. This is why I love these so much. They remind you that family isn't defined by blood and never will be. You choose your family. Family means trust and happiness. Some people don't get lucky with their biological families like me. I have a loving and caring family. Not everyone has that, which is why I love seeing people finding and creating new families.

That way, when they smile or show any other form of happiness, you just know that they are appreciative and don't take anything for granted. They know what they have to lose and want to enjoy every single second before it might be gone.

My bicycle tyres keep spinning and spinning as I ride down the street. That is the feeling I just described. Just riding down a hill without any worry. It's one of the best feelings there is. Normally I don't have a destination when I do this, but today I do have one.

I needed to get out of the house in order for Dad to have some time to think about what Julie and I had told him. Considering what it is we told him, it's completely understandable he asked for some time. If I were him, I would do the same. Though, the one thing he said before we left him alone, was that he won't tell anyone.

I don't know what we would do if everyone else found out about Reggie, Luke, and Alex. Technically, it's not really a bad thing, but the public would freak out. Let's be honest here, society would not be okay with a ghost band or just ghosts in general. My best guess is, it would not be good, and a lot of negative attention would be thrown towards Julie.

The band is currently in our garage again. I would have joined them, but after that whole thing with Dad, I don't have the energy to do this right now. But I do still want to talk to them today because I don't want to keep pushing this whole talking about it thing away. It does not good to anyone.

Plus, I really am excited to finally be able to get to know Reggie better. Up until today I had to live with small bits of information coming up in conversations with Alex and Luke. No more of that. Now I can go right to the source.

Not much longer until I'm there.

***

My bike comes to a hold. I'm here. It's been a long time since the last time I was. Ringing her bell after making my way to the entrance, I come to think about the time when Julie and her were still best friends.