13

Reggie's POV

Honestly...

I'm not doing so well right now.

It's like I've been set back...

Back to when I was still with my parents.

The last couple of days have been fun. We got the band back together. Well, technically we never broke up, but I guess death counts. Doesn't it? Julie is one of the greatest and most talented people I've ever met. Performing with her is magical. Not to mention her stage presence with Luke. The feeling I get while being on stage can't be described. It's indescribale.

Then we just had to go and screw it all up.

Technically speaking it's Bobby's fault. Or Trevor's. That's what he is calling himself now, isn't it? What a traitor. Did he just decide to not care about us anymore after we died? We were friends. We were family. He didn't even give us any credit. He knew what that would have meant to us. Especially Luke. There just can't be a good explanation for this.

But we were still the ones that abandoned Julie. She didn't deserve that. She is one of the last people that would ever deserve something like that. Not to forget about what she already had to go through in her life. I can't even begin to express how sorry I am.

She was and most likely still is extremely mad at us. And that's understandable.

When she was angry at us for not coming earlier, it reminded me of home.

Or at least what it used to be...

I went back to the beach Alex, Luke and I went to when we first got here. I'm still here. I still can't believe my old house isn't here anymore. And no pizzeria...

All of this is pretty overwhelming. We died and came back as ghosts only to find out that 25 years had passed. My Mom and Dad don't live here anymore.

My parents...

I wonder where they are now. Did they get divorced or are the still together? Maybe the real problem between the two of them was me... 

Maybe they got to have a better life with me being gone.

Life.

Are they still alive? Maybe they got sick. 

No.

I can't think about something like that right now.

Their fights were always so intense, I just wanted to dissappear. You know what people always say, be careful what you wish for.

Not a single person beside Julie can see us if we aren't counting our performances because for some magical reason people can see us when we're performing with Julie. When we were...

Now that's gone, too.

My money is still on witchcraft, but Alex keeps telling me that there is no such thing as witches. He never misses an opportunity to diss me. It's kinda funny and I'm used to it. Luke on the other hand is different. I don't know how to describe it. It's not that important anyway.

Everything that is important is that I love them with every last piece of heart and soul.

We're brothers.

Maybe it's time to go back to my real family instead of digging up things of the past that are just hurtful anyway. 

---

I get back to our old studio, the garage. Luke and Alex are already here. Obviously. Why wouldn't they be? It's where I left them when I stormed off wanting to clear my head.

"Hey are you okay Reg? I mean considering... everything", Luke comes up to me and give me a hug.

"I don't know. I guess I'm as good as I can be right now"

Alex and Luke both listen along while I tell them more about what I was and am thinking. They've always been good at that. I know that I can always be honest with them. And I love them even more for that.

---

Luke got us a gig. We just want to make things right with Julie. We ruined a gig, so getting a new one should be a great idea, right?

No.

Julie wasn't pleased at all. She got even more mad at us or to be more exact Luke.

She called him selfish and ran out. Luke did the same. At first I didn't know where he could have gone, but then Alex reminded me of what day it was.

Today is Luke's birthday.

He turned 18 today.

His last couple of birthdays had bee hard for him because he couldn't spend them with his parents because he ran away from home after a pretty big fight with his Mom. Things got kinda messy back then.

Alex and I go to convince Julie to at least let us show her what that song Emily is really about. She found that after her little sister did that whole salt thing. She also thought it was a romantic song. It's not. It's actually about all of the unsaid things in his family, especially with his Mom. Emily. Unsaid Emily.

She agreed and even rejoined the band after seeing what Luke is really going through. 

Maybe things really can get better. 

Our family keeps on growing.

Things are starting to shine.

---

A/N

Hey. 

Finally a new chapter.

I deeply care for Reggie and I just want to give him a massive hug.

By the way, in case you have my book in your library and keep getting notifications for me updating chapter 1, I'm sorry. I don't know why that is. My phone keeps telling me I'm updating the first chapter even though I haven't opened it since I published it.

Anyways...

It's Christmas break soon.

Have a nice day!!