14

A cool breeze touched the warmth of my body. My hair gracefully flew in every direction. Birds were chirping in a small distance. It was peaceful, very peaceful. Taken long breaths in and long breaths out, I felt the most relaxed I had felt in years. What an indescribable feeling. Everything seemed to be in harmony with each other. No distractions, no problems, no loud noises. Just peace.

The breeze slightly caught my long brown curls, so they fell to my emerald green eyes. Looking through my natural long lashes, I knew right then and there I never wanted to forget this feeling. It felt amazing, almost unreal.

Only one thing was missing. The only thing I wished I had, was a person to share this with. The only thing I wished I had, was a friend. Maybe the birds could have been my friends. Maybe the nature could have been my friend. Wouldn't that have been amazing? Being friends with nature, you could talk for hours and hours and still know it wasn't going anywhere. You would know it would always be listening, whether it was talking about your insecurities and problems or just total nonsense. What a dream that would have been. If only a person could have been like this. Sadly, that could never have happened. No real person would have ever willingly listened to me without being judgemental. At least the nature wouldn't have been.

Judgement. Judgement only held me back. All I wanted was to feel free and not like I was chained to expectations. This feeling I felt there, was exactly how I wanted to feel. I felt like I was a part of something. It was as if I was a part of nature itself, as if I was connected with everything and nothing.

Taking in another deep breath, I closed my eyes and let my head fall back. My curls were now almost touching the bottom of my back. I could feel the breeze getting to my neck and I enjoyed every second of it. What a feeling to be alive.

Slowly, I decided to open my eyes again just to see what was expecting me. A beautiful light blue sky with a few, just a few, perfect looking clouds. They looked almost perfectly blended in with each other, almost too perfect. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was a beautiful painting by an extremely talented artist.

When I slightly moved, I felt the light dampness of the grass. It fit the situation like a piece of a puzzle. I loved not wearing shoes, especially with damp grass. Again, it was just an indescribable feeling. Deciding I wanted more of this feeling, I slowly lowered myself to the shining green ground and let myself fall back. My hair fell almost in a perfect circle around my head. Here and there were little or some bigger flowers coming through. Like I said, it was like I was a part of nature. The sun shone on my face. The light spots of my eyes looked like the little drops of water on the flowers and on the grass. I closed my eyes again and soaked in this feeling, hoping to remember it forever, wanting to remember it forever.

Then there was a sound. It didn't seem to be that far from me, but it did seem out of place. It didn't fit the atmosphere and it certainly didn't fit the harmony of this unknown place. I turned my head to my left, only to see something or to be more exact someone in a black leather jacket. I had a feeling it was a boy, but obviously I could not have been sure. The person looked tall, at least taller than me. I wasn't able to make out a face or any other features though. Not before that person noticed I realised there was someone there. I wanted to find out more about him. What was he doing there? Why didn't he want me to see him?

Before I could figure out any of that, the person already turned around and started to leave, only to get more and more out of my sight. "Hey! Hey you! Wait up!", I yelled not too loudly because I didn't want to disturb the harmony any more than it already was. The person didn't turn around. I tried again. "Can't you hear me? I'm talking to you! Why aren't you stopping? Hey! Please just wait. I just want to talk to you." By then I already got up and started running after him or her. "Do you like being chased or something? Hey, who are you?"

Not having a lot of patience left, I grabbed the person by the shoulder and turned him around. As expected, I had to look down a bit to be looking the person in the face.

Wow.

Then I wake up.