28

Reggie's POV

I'm on my way to the garage to talk to Alex and Luke. What just happened might just completely change everything. It's incredibly overwhelming to think about. The past couple of weeks have been another kind of crazy. We died. Well, technically speaking we died 25 years ago, but for us it wasn't. We were in some kind of dark room where Alex cried. Then we appeared here, in Julie's family's studio. We formed a band, found out about Bobby – Trevor – and broke up and came back together again. Now Julie is missing while other people can see and now touch us.

The touching thing is something I haven't completely figured out yet. Everything was fun and games until that really nice-looking cooking hat hit my head. I completely felt and understood why my pal Ray left. All of this is already overwhelming for us, so I can't imagine what it must be like for him. We're talking about his actual family here.

And Elli. As much as I enjoyed her beginning to open up to me at the beach, I am happy she agreed with Ray and now is on her way to see Dr Turner. Although I'm not quite sure whether we can trust this doctor we've never seen before because Julie didn't seem to like him when she was seeing him. Is it even a him? Or a her? Or them? Willie told Alex something about that. It's really nice that the world is more open minded in this time period than in the one we were previously living in.

I'm happy Alex can finally live happily.

Well... after we find Julie.

None of us have really changed a lot in the way we're feeling the last couple of days. We're... We're just hanging on, I guess.

"Hey guys", I don't really get a response. Unless you count incoherent mumbling. "Something changed".

With that Luke jumped up from his beloved couch. I feel sorry for him. He probably thinks this is about Julie, which maybe it kind of is, but not at all like he would think it is. Just looking at his hopeful face makes me regret doing this. Should I rethink doing this? I don't want to make this worse. But it's too late for that now. I already started. Stopping now, especially after saying what I just said would be even more cruel.

I'm not about to do that.

We can't exactly do a lot right now. So, we might as well try to figure this out.

"What changed? What did you find out? Did you find out something? Is it about Julie? Please tell me it's about Julie", Luke starts shooting questions. That is exactly what I meant. Now I have to disappoint him.

"I'm sorry, Luke. It isn't. I mean, not really, but kind of... maybe. It's complicated".

This catches Alex's attention and now the both of them are looking at me and I tell them about what happened at the beach. I am just about to tell them about Elli's head being able to lay on my shoulder, when I heard Alex silently laughing and whistling a tone which I can't explain. But if you know you know. What is he trying to say? What does he know?

"So she finally told you?", even Luke is able to form a little smile on his face.

"Tell me what?"

"Never mind", he gestures with his hands in front of him, "Continue". He stifles a laugh.

Do they know I like her? Are they saying she likes me? That would be awesome because I do really, really like her.

I continue telling them about what happened afterwards. Their jaws were practically on the floor by now. I'm glad to see they are just as speechless about this as I was. As I am.

"So people can touch us? Actual lifers can touch us? Or are you joking?", Alex is the first to speak after a while of just staring at nothing in particular.

Luke does not ask anything but picks up an object and just throws it at me without saying anything to me. It hits me in my stomach. "Oww". Did he have to do this? It hurt. Things hurt. I already told him about the cooking hat. Why does he have to do that if he already knows the outcome?

"Sorry. Just wanted to make sure".

I pick up the object, which has no meaning to us, and throw it back at him.

What?

It doesn't hit him. It goes right through him. I don't understand.

"I thought..."

Luke and I confusedly look at Alex. He is usually the more reasonable one out of the three of us.

"Maybe is didn't go through him cause he didn't come into physical contact with Elli", maybe he has a point, "Just think about it for a second. All of this happened to you after your romantic moment at the beach". He fake coughs before and after saying romantic. I feel my face starting to heat up. I hope they don't see that because they'll never stop teasing me about it.

"I don't think so", Luke says, "Alex, when we were rehearsing for the school dance, when Reggie and I didn't know about her being able to see us yet, Elli came into the garage and did the salt prank the two of you planned." Something seems to click in my head, as I remember that day, saying, "When she came into the garage, she went right through you".

All of this doesn't add up.

The three of us stand in silence again.

Again, Alex is the one to break it, "Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the fact that we weren't visible to everyone yet. That was before Julie hugged us and we somehow became visible. Maybe we have to be visible in order for our bodies to become physical again."

Then something happened, which I didn't expect. Luke makes a joke, "So if we touch Elli now, we'll become part of this world again? If that's so, I might just have to give her a kiss", he puckers his lips and points at them with his right index finger, while looking at me. I take another object and throw it at him.

Luckily for me, it doesn't go through him this time because it's his songbook.

He dramatically lets himself fall to the ground.

It's quite literally time for sunset curve to have a comeback. Let's do this.

This band is back.

---

A/N

I just wanted to thank everyone for reading this fanfiction. I never thought I would get this many reads. I'm incredibly thankful. 

Also, thank you for having patience with me. Online school is getting more and more stressful.