19

(Not a special gif this time

(Not a special gif this time. Sorry. Does this work for you? I'm not sure if this is moving. It does in my phone but not on my computer)

Alex's POV

Sometimes I can't believe I'm actually friends with Reggie. Is he really associating himself with Julie and Elli's Dad? Isn't that kind of boring? Where is the fun in all of that? They can't even do anything. Ray can't see or hear him? There is literally nothing exciting about hanging with him. No offence. But maybe it's because of his family, so the not doing anything is peaceful for him. His house was never peaceful. Anyways... Reggie is a dork, but I guess every friend group needs a dork, right? Reggie definitely is ours.

"Dad, I have a ghost update", Elli comes into the room carrying a box. What did she think of this time? This stuff has been really amusing in the last couple of days ever since Luke told her to hold off with telling him for a little while longer- so we can prank him. It's fun. I'm going to miss that.

Right... I totally forgot to tell her. I'm not quite sure if I should, though. We are probably going to be gone soon and I'm not sure how she would handle any more loss. She doesn't let a lot of people see that she is hurting with her Mom being gone, but I can see it. There is more to it than she lets on. I feel sorry for her. I think it's best when no one tells her about this. I don't want her to be hurting more than she has to.

On the other hand, not knowing – at times- can be more hurtful than the truth. Knowing the truth, you might be able to start a new chapter. Not knowing might lead to being stuck in a story forever. I don't know what to do. All I know is that I don't have much time left to make a decision.

"OK, this might be interesting", I say as she puts the box on the table and takes a seat.

Her Dad answers her, saying," Really? Come on, Elli, we've talked about this." I really don't think Ray believes the whole ghost thing. Well, he's being very obvious with it, so I know he doesn't. I wonder if he worries about her well being considering he doesn't believe her, yet to him she might seem obsessed with the topic. If only he knew.

But like Julie said. We can't tell him. He would send Julie to Dr Turner. Therapy can be harder than you think. My family once tried to send me there after- you know. I completely understand why she doesn't want to go there.

Elli continues," I know you're not a believer, but listen to this" "Do I have a choice?" "No." Yes Ma'am. A proud smile crept up on my face, as Reggie joined in," You go, little girl".

Little girl? Oh, come on Reggie. Don't let my ship sink. Maybe, just maybe, saying 'little girl' is meant as a cute nickname? Although it's not really fitting. Elli is not that short. She isn't short at all. I think she is only a little bit smaller than Reggie. If even that.

"After Julie played with her hologram band last night, I couldn't sleep", creating stories I see. Nice one. I have got to say, Elli is extremely creative. Her mind seems all over the place. And I mean that as a compliment.

"Those songs do get stuck in your head", Ray says with a proud Dad smile on his face. Reggie leans more in my direction, "He likes our new music, too". I can't believe he is still onto that. As amazing as it is that just doesn't count which is why I tell him, "Ah, still doesn't count".

Elli then goes on telling her made up story, "I learned on YouTube that ghosts haunt because something's bothering them", okay, this might get even more interesting than I already thought, "So to get rid of them, you gotta find out what crawled up their ghost butts!".

Following that, Reggie starts laughing repeating a part of what she said, "She said 'ghost butts'", which is why Ray says "language". Both Reggie and Elli apologize in unison and it takes everything for me not to break out into a huge grin right then and there. But I gotta keep up the facade because I don't think Elli is finished with her story yet.

Also, I give a kind of nasty look to Reggie. Did he actually just apologize for saying that. He does know Elli's Dad can't hear him, right?

"So, I searched the house for clues on who used to live here. And I found a bunch of stuff in the garage", wait.... Where is she going with this? She not going to tell him about Sunset Curve, right? She wouldn't do that. It would only take one google search for Ray to find out about us and see that we are the same boys that are playing in Julie's band.

Also- yeah, Julie has been teaching us more about modern technologies. It's still a bit confusing, but partly manageable.

"What I learned is we're being haunted by a ghost who had a dream", alright she is really scaring me right now, "A dream that never came true. A dream that was cut short by a tragic accident". Please, Elli, don't do this.

I can't help but turn to Reggie," OK, you... you don't actually think- ". I am kind of freaking out right now. What is she doing?

"Our house... is being haunted... by a very talented... chef" Chef? Oh my god. She got me. She pranked me, too. Wonderful. I fell for it. At least now I know she is not going to out us as ghosts to her Dad. Reggie and I sigh in relief.

Her Dad actually looks amused with this situation. "Looks like somebody fell asleep watching Ghost Hunters and Chopped", he says.

But Elli still isn't finished. I guess she really thought about this story. "You know how there are two restaurants in LA that claim they've invented the French dip?", Reggie nods repeatedly as Elli takes something out of the box, "Guess what I found in this shoebox? A recipe for a third French dip!"

First Reggie says, "No way!" and then Ray does the same. These guys...

"It was invented in 1905 by a guy who dreamed of a soggy sandwich. But died before he could share his gift".

Again, Reggie and Ray say," The gift of dipping" and Reggie continues, looking very excited, "It's like we're the same person". Yeah just like. I give him a dirty look. Did I just say that out loud or not? Ah, doesn't really matter.

"So, we gotta make his sandwich, and we gotta eat it", oh know I see where this idea might have come from. I bet she was just hungry and wanted to not make the food all by herself. Smart move.

They agree on making it together and leave to go into the kitchen.

Reggie breaks the small moment of silence "I'm gonna miss them". "Me too". Yeah. Being here has been so much fun. It almost felt like we weren't actually dead. I don't want to have to give this up again.

Leaving might be harder than I originally thought.

---

A/N

Guys!!!

The next chapter will the last chapter containing the original plot of the series.

I'm so excited and hope I'll be able to put my ideas in this story with it still making sense. I guess we will see about that.