24

Reggie's POV

I don't know what to think. All of this has been crazy – really crazy. Ray can see me. He can hear me. It's like a dream come true. Who cares how it happened? I'm just happy it did. It's one of the best things that could have happened.

Not to forget, Elli, Julie's little sister can see and hear us, too, yet she didn't seem too surprised when that whole disaster – well, the debatably disaster – with Ray happened. My question here is why. Why wasn't she surprised? That pillow went right through Alex. I probably would've freaked out.

Ray needs time, which is understandable. I'd need time, too. I'm not sure, but what I do know for sure is, that as soon as everything has calmed down I'll make it my mission to make Ray my best friend. Just imagine how much fun that would be. It was already amazing when he wasn't able to see or hear me. Now add that variable to the equation.

Wow... That just really made me seem smart.

What if he won't like me? What if he'll get mad like my parents used to always get mad? That would mean that I really was the cause of every single one of their problems. I don't know if I could handle that.

Right now, Luke, Alex, and I are in the studio. Julie had to leave a while ago because someone rang the doorbell. She never came back. She should have been back by now. Maybe it was one of her friends. They are probably just hanging out or something.

Much to Luke's dislike. He is miserable at waiting. Especially when he's waiting for Julie. Those two... Just get together already! Seriously. What are they waiting for? Life is going to wait for anyone or anything. You have to go for what you want. Even if it seems scary.

I say just try it.

The next thing I know, Elli is entering the garage. "Thank god", Alex gets up from the couch, on which he was nervously sitting on waiting for something to happen, "I thought you'd never come back. All of this is freaking me out. Why do you think  your Dad can see us?"

Hold on a second...
Did Alex know about Elli being able to see us? Why didn't he tell us? This doesn't make sense. I thought we trusted each other. At least more than that. We always talk about things when something happens. I think our bandmate's sister being able to see us is one of those things.

"Yeah, me too. Alex wouldn't stop fidgeting in his seat", Luke joins him.

Luke knew, too? Great... So, no one here trusts me. They know I don't like secrets. Secrets destroy everything... including marriages. My parents never trusted me either. I guess, that's just further proof that I'm the cause of every problem occurring in my life. Otherwise they would've told me, right?

Why doesn't anyone trust me with anything?

Then Elli says something, "Right? This is crazy. I overheard you guys talking about something called 'crossing over', whatever that means, and then you performed at the Orpheum. Congratulations by the way and now my Dad can see you..."

That is when she turns in my direction, "Hey... I haven't officially introduced myself to you yet. I'm Elli", she lets out a long breath, "Look, Reggie, you're probably kind of confused right now..."

"Kind of? 'Kind of' doesn't even remotely come close to what I think and feel right now". I'm super confused.

"Honestly, I wanted to tell you from the first day I met – well saw – you, but I got scared. I got really, really scared. It's not every day that you find out ghosts are real... and then form a 'phantom' band with your sister", she nervously laughs.

She wanted to tell me? So, it wasn't because Luke and Alex didn't trust me. I'm glad to hear that. Extremely glad.

Wait...

Now it is my turn to say something, "If you", I point at her, "were able to see and hear us this whole time, how come all these situations like the one with your aunt happened? You know, the one where I put the white cover over my head."

Luke starts laughing, "That might be partly my fault. And hers of course". "Of course", Elli chimes in. "I may or may not have told her to prolong the not-telling-you-phase, so we could have a little fun with it". He slightly kicks his one foot forward, as he show a tin space between his thumb and index finger.

I start laughing as well. That's why they didn't tell me. I can live with that.

Relief washes over my body. I don't know how I ever could've doubted them. I would have done the same to Luke or Alex if they had been if they had been in my shoes. Who wouldn't? There is nothing better than some good old pranks.

A few seconds go by and now all of us are laughing. Alex looks like he's about to fall on the ground, which makes Luke laugh even more. He's leaning back. I wonder who of the both of them will end up on the floor first.

I take a look at Elli. She looks beautiful. She has a beautiful laugh. It's addicting. I haven't noticed her like this before. She is absolutely stunning. Stunning doesn't even do her justice. Not to sound dramatic, but to me she seems almost angelic. I don't know how to explain it.

This is also the first time I've noticed that she actually has green and not brown eyes. I always thought she had brown eyes like Julie, but apparently, I was wrong.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Alex starts speaking again, "Well, that felt good. But I still want to know what exactly happened and what it needs. We don't need another Caleb situation. I'm scared he'll come after us. I don't even want to know what else this dude can do".

He speaks right from my soul.

Maybe we haven't even seen the start of his powers. Who is to say he isn't more powerful than we already know?

"Caleb situation? Who's Caleb?", Elli asks which I return with another question, "Luke and Alex didn't tell you?". Why wouldn't they?

"We wanted, too, but we didn't want to worry you too much".

We fill her in on everything.

***

"Where is Julie? She said she would be here..."

---

A/N

New update!!! 

I'm back from the dead.