1.7

"Yo who peed on your croissant"

Jaemin responded with an uninterested eye roll and shooed his friend away.

Jeno and Renjun both chuckled, but helped the all-beaten alpha in the infirmary anyway.

The nurse inside immediately reacted and made the alpha settle on a bed, running back and forth to find the kit.

"Say, was it Jaehyun?" Renjun asked, terminating the increasing tension on the black hair's pheromones.

"Who else? Fuck who is he to Jung Hera anyway?" Jaemin retorted almost immediately.

"Siblings? They're both Jungs," Jeno reasoned, but earned a smack from his mate.

"Maybe Mark's your sibling then. You're both Lees."

Jaemin broke out in a chuckle, seeing the couple bicker over the smallest things.

"You're strictly forbidden to fight. How did this happen?" the omega nurse asked softly while carefully dabbing a wet cotton ball onto the alpha's busted lip.

"Fight with an alpha obviously," it came out rude, a lush of anger evident, making the nurse decide to shut

"We will talk this out; can't you tell this to Dean Li?" Renjun took the part to request, and with a kind smile, the nurse eventually agreed.

With further ointments and bandages, the three alphas exited the infirmary and got their eyes darted to the newly passed older alpha. His calmed smoke scent lingering on their noses.

Jaemin clicked his tongue, fists bawling up as his dark gaze bore on Jaehyun's back.

"Sort it out; that's enough for today," Jeno said with a warning tone, gently pushing the black-haired alpha ahead so they could continue walking and maybe avoid a fight.

◇◆

Two days is long enough for the council president to be off. So when her heat subsided, Hera didn't take another day to rest and just went to school.

The confrontation with Jaehyun didn't go well.

The male alpha just made her insides twitch more and her blood boil, more like in an angry state. The older man went home with his scent filling up her room when he checked her, and that made the omega's heat lash out even more.

And for the whole two days, both of them put up a transparent barrier, and the alpha never ever opened her room again.

As usual, Hera took her seat, her cotton candy scent lingering inside the room, a way for her to greet the omegas with a sweet morning.

"Jaemin looked so bad. Jaehyun must've beaten him up that hard," Yangyang, her closest one in the class, started. "I was about to go to Dejun for our journal, but then we saw Jaehyun coming out from that dark corner, all buckled up. His scent is fucking hot, though."

A smack landed on his head, making him burst out in a laughing fit.

The conversation went on for the last three minutes, until a certain scent entered the room. Eyes flickering beside her while the talking died down, Hera was instantly greeted with a pair of piercing black orbs and a clenched jaw.

The alpha studied her every expression, but all he could see was blank. So he just took the seat beside her silently and threw a look at Yangyang, causing the male omega to gulp down the fear.

"Umm, I'll better run and fanboy around my own alpha instead," and he just yeeted out of the scene.

No words came through between the seatmates. Jaemin just busied himself copying notes from Renjun, and Hera is...well... wanted to know what happened.

"So," the two chorused, making them flinch and look at each other.

"You first"

"No, you"

"Okay, why did you come out of Jaehyun's car? And why the hell did he just get angry when I was about to help you? Is he your alpha?"

Hera's brows knitted, and she thought about some proper words momentarily.

"I forced him to take me with him. He is that overprotective with me. And why the hell will I be claimed by my own brother?" Hera's voice raised in confusion, making Jaemin's jaw drop.

"So... he isn't your mate?"

"No, ew?"

"But why is he so angry?"

"Ya, do you have a sibling?"

"Yeah.. why?"

"Imagine having an omega sister, and then some alpha triggered her heat and messed up her heat cycle. What would you do?"

Jaemin thought about it for a minute and awkwardly diverted his eyes somewhere. "Well.. I.. mad.. umm," he replied in broken grammar.

"See, that's how it is."

"Ah whatever. Look what he did to my face!"

"I don't care! If you were to stop being a fuckboy, then none of this would happen!"

"So... you're saying your heat will trigger when I'll go rough on you, babe?" the alpha leaned in while teasingly wiggling his brows.

Speechless, Hera just responded with a strong smack on his head, making the alpha yelp with a glare.

"You don't hit an alpha like that," he grumbled.

"Sorry, not sorry."