1.30

As collected as the pure blood can be, Jaemin remained stern and firm on his spot.

He got a call from his mother, saying that his presence was needed on the house, and as much as he didn't want to leave his omega's side, he knew he had to go.

But at the second that he stepped in the front door, he was greeted by the sight and scent of another omega, causing his alpha to growl in anger.

In this state, he wished that he remained an ungrateful son and never showed up, rather than being in this hell of a meeting.

"Jaemin, take a seat," his father's voice rang in his ears, making him rip out his intense eye contact with Siyeon, and he proceeded to take the single couch away from the others who were seated.

"Jaemin, this is Siyeon." his father introduced

"I know. She's in my class," he cuts in, his face telling how unbothered he was.

"She's your-"

"Classmate, I know."

"Na Jaemin!"

The pureblood scoffed a laugh and flickered his dark gazes at his father. "Dad, I don't like her," he frankly said, making the man clutch on his seat tight and his wife calm him.

"And do you think that is enough reason?"

"For fucks sake, I have a girlfriend!" he lashed out, a growl escaping on the end, making the only omega around whimper as his vicious pheromones affect her the most. "My alpha found a mate! I can only have one, which I already have! Dad, I know how much you owe Doctor Kim for your life, but it was your life, not mine! You can't just drag your own son to something that can connect your relationship with your life savior, especially in marriage. I, too, have a life on my own, and it was my decision on who to take as my bride."

The whole house was filled with complete silence; you could even hear a pin drop.

Jaemin's strong angered scent swarmed in the air, but all he thought was his heavy breathing and the thought of calming down.

All he can think of is Hera, and he can't possibly meet her in this state of his.

Eventually, he calmed down, with the omega at the thought.

"Jaemin," his mother voiced out, making him flicker his eyes at her. "How about you talk with Siyeon for a moment? I'll just talk with your dad."

"No, I'm going back to my omega," he firmly said. "If you can't respect mine and my alpha's decision, then we're done here. You can't change my mind," he continued, and he threw one last look at the scared omega before completely walking out.

With his scent still lingering on the air, the omega dropped down on the sofa, making the elder's attention shift to her.

Mihi rushed to her side and released her calming pheromones, which gradually eased her trembling.

"I'm okay," Siyeon mumbled.

"I'm sorry, dear, but we can't stop Jaemin this time. We never knew that he already had someone."

"It's fine. I already knew. His omega is, well, different, but she's nice."

"That stupid excuse of a son" Sungmin grumbled

"Na Sungmin," Mihi warned, making the alpha father shut. She took a deep breath and once again faced the young omega with a warm smile. "I'll tell our family driver to drive you home; is that okay? I'll just have a talk with my husband."

Siyeon nodded, and the woman immediately called the said beta driver.

◇◆

Cuddling under the sheets, Jaemin had the omega trapped in his embrace as they settled on the sofa while watching a random TV show.

Hera had her back pressing on him, legs propping up between his own, as his chin rested on her shoulder.

It was already 5 in the afternoon, close to 6, yet they didn't have the guts to separate from each other.

The warmth of pure love that settled in their chests brought them together the whole time. Silence filled the air; only their calm breathing and the voices from the people chattering on the show kept the apartment alive. Yet it was the most comfortable feeling that they could make up.

"Do you want to go home?" the alpha whispered, and she instantly shook her head. "It's 6?" he said again, yet the omega just pouted.

"You want me to?" She looked over to him, and Jaemin immediately caught her puckered lips with a fond smile.

"No"

Hera beamed a smile and booped their noses as hearty giggles erupted from them.

"Baby, do you want to meet my family again?"

The alpha's brows raised in confusion. "Why?"

"I want to introduce you to them, like officially."

A smile crept up on his face, and he thought for a moment.

"Wouldn't Jaehyun kill me, though?"

The omega laughed and playfully hit his chest, then it died down with a grin. "Why don't we check?"