1.11

"Heat can be triggered by the strong sensual pheromones of an alpha, an alpha's anger, and an alpha's sexual trigger. Those are the common natures that can mess up an omega's heat cycle and that can affect the omega's health," Mark started, causing the black-haired alpha to look over to him.

"If an omega's sane self is stronger than the omega inside them, they can likely avoid it and restrict the omega from entering, which is not applicable to everyone because once the omega inside them is aroused, it will slowly engulf them fully."

"Okay, why are you telling me this?" Jaemin interrupted.

"You said Hera wouldn't tell you about heats," Mark replied with a shrug. "I squished information from Jeno, which was told by Minjeong, and it's my honor to pass it on to you," he added while putting his hand to his chest with a dramatic tone.

Jaemin clicked his tongue and focused on his own journal, which is merely blank.

"Heats can be a sensitive topic to many, especially for omegas. Imagine telling your weakness to an opponent, how dumb are you?"

"Why are you pressed up anyway? It's not like we're some hungry alphas that will manipulate the others."

The younger didn't respond, making Mark sigh and turn his swivel chair to face him, seeing him looking at his page blankly.

"Jaemin-ah, do you have any problems with Hera? You both are literally on each other's throats."

Jaemin shrugged and sighed, "We're fine.. like, we settled it out... but we can't seem to be comfortable with each other, do you understand? We're okay.. just... we're awkward."

"Why? What do you feel when alone with her?"

"I don't know?"

"Hm?" Mark raised a brow. "When I ask that you immediately spit yes or no, what made you answer differently?"

"Oh, come on, is this Jaemin Interrogation Time? Look, hyung, why won't you drag your own partner to work on?" he groaned as he faced his journal again.

"That's the problem. Hera won't hand him to me. So why won't you drag her first so I can get my partner, hm?"

Jaemin just responded with an exasperated sigh and faced the older man, who's now giving him a smug look.

He rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone, which is actually useless.

He never got the omega's number anyway.

◇◆

Away from the alpha's turf are the said two omegas, huddled up on a bench near the soccer field.

Eyes squinting at the several alphas playing with TOU's soccer team, Haechan hit the female's arm continuously—maybe it got a little bit painful that she yelled.

"Isn't that Jung Sungchan?" the male rapidly spoke while pointing to a certain player.

"What? Sungchan? He didn't apply for this year."

"But it is him!"

"Who's him?"

The omegas shrieked at the newly arrived alpha and sighed in relief after seeing who it is.

"Ya. Is Jung Sungchan here?" Hera asked a little bit rudely, but the alpha just shrugged it off and followed to where she was pointing.

"Ahh yeah. Lucas was kicked out. Sungchan's the substitute," Jaemin replied, flickering his gaze at the shocked omegas. "Why? How did you know him?"

And maybe he felt a little fire seeing the girl literally staring at the alpha.

"Oh, umm. He applied last year, and uhh."

"He's a threat! He was obsessed with Haechan!" Hera cuts in and puffs her cheeks, making the black-haired alpha coo.

"Who's obsessed with who?" Another alpha came in, and instead of shrieking, Haechan tensed up.

"Why? What?" Mark eyed the three of them.

"Jung Sungchan. I suggest you keep away your partner from him," Jaemin replied with a wink. "Ya Jung Hera. I need your help for the journal."

"Yeah, sure, speak up."

"Alone, babe"

"And I won't leave Haechan behind."

The pair shared a glare, and the other two felt their competitive pheromones slowly increasing not long after.

A certain scent from the omega made Haechan panic and hold her up, stopping her from releasing more.

"Go. Go with him; I'll be okay with Mark."

Hera's brows knitted

"Really, Hera, go on. It's better to spend time with your partner so the writing will be easy for you."

"Okay," Hera unwantedly stood up and threw a second glare at Mark before following Jaemin away.

The moment the two disappeared from his sight, Mark took the position to sit beside the omega and voiced out his raging confusion from awhile ago.

"Hera's scent is cotton candy, right?"

"Yeah?" Haechan replied, surprised, as he never expected the alpha to talk about his friend.

"But why did I smell wine awhile ago?"